Third Jersey Talk

FEARoN

Apr 20, 2015
Kentucky
With all of the speculation as to who will wind up wearing Predator gold next season, I started wondering if we might see a new third jersey anytime soon. I don't have a clue if there are contracts/ rules in place to manage when they come out or who has the ability to make that call, but I'd love to see a new third to go with our new color scheme and logos. Is it too soon to dream?

I really liked the navy thirds (minus the checkers) and would love to see another predominately navy jersey. I could go navy and white again, but I think navy with a bit of gold, instead of white would look better. I'd love an alternate chest logo, if done correctly as well. The mustard chest logo was hideous IMO. Even NASHVILLE horizontally across the front would work for me. I like some of the simple, old school style jerseys. I would also love to see us get away from the music themed stuff as well. I get Nashville is the mecca for County Music, but for the third, I'd rather them get away from music and go back with the skeleton logo route.

Here are a few of concept designs I found online. Likes and dislikes in all three, but cool ideas to think about.

Last edited:

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
My hope:
5d33878f753eb253fae24e3e199bc37f.jpg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I have heard speculation that there will be one eventually, but the ownership is more focused on letting the gold take hold right now. Branding. When it is well established and no one is buying gold jerseys anymore then they'll get a third to help with jersey sales.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I have heard speculation that there will be one eventually, but the ownership is more focused on letting the gold take hold right now. Branding. When it is well established and no one is buying gold jerseys anymore then they'll get a third to help with jersey sales.
"Predators Hockey - Let the Gold Take Hold"

Marketing department, hit me up for my resume and salary demands.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I miss the black & blues. I'd like to see those with the new cat logo and simple gold trim.

They were nice as an individual jersey but they didn't have the same crowd impact as this particular shade of gold. I don't know how it works, but a crowd wearing primarily gold is dynamic--even the empty seats look occupied. The color "moves". Navy is static. Unless the whole arena is completely rocking out, like at the first standing ovation, the appearance from a TV viewpoint is rather dull. So if part of your goal is to sell the arena experience, and it is, you continue with gold as your primary color. One of the reasons this didn't work with the earlier mustard gold jerseys is that it was a two part mesh--gold over navy. The colors fought with each other, but the navy side turtled so it didn't excite the crowd.

FEARoN

Apr 20, 2015
Kentucky
Adz, your crowd appearance point was excellent and something I never would have thought about.

I personally never liked the mustard jerseys, but could see a variation of a second gold jersey working. The Dixie Flyers jersey could be interesting if slightly modified. I like the simplicity and old school feel of it.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If it just said "Nashville" in the script (and maybe straight--not sure on that) I think it would work okay. It's a third, you don't have to have all the elements of a first jersey.

I loved the Dixie Flyers, so that wouldn't be a problem for me!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Something tells me the league that has a team called the Flyers wouldn't be keen on the idea of a team occasionally calling themselves the Dixie Flyers.

Like the idea. Have a hard time believing it's realistic.

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Something tells me the league that has a team called the Flyers wouldn't be keen on the idea of a team occasionally calling themselves the Dixie Flyers.

Like the idea. Have a hard time believing it's realistic.

They definitely wouldn't use the name "Dixie Flyers". The jerseys would just look similar.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
Personally, just for one game, I wish we would rock the original Dixie Flyers jerseys. Not even have them saying Nashville Predators, just the yellow and Purple with "Dixie Flyers" on the front as a throwback.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hey guys, just dropping in. What's your take on the "Preds" nickname on a third jersey? We tried it once in Ottawa with SENS on a third jersey, but many hated it, myself included. However, 'Preds' in script might work on that Dixie Flyers jersey.

Cheers!

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Hey guys, just dropping in. What's your take on the "Preds" nickname on a third jersey? We tried it once in Ottawa with SENS on a third jersey, but many hated it, myself included. However, 'Preds' in script might work on that Dixie Flyers jersey.

Cheers!

It should be Predators OR Nashville on the 3rd ... no abbreviations, jmo

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
I think we have a possible compromise with what to use with the Dixie Flyer Third concept:

CGRgWAwXIAAZIdN.jpg

Take a look at how "NASHVILLE" is done at the bottom. That might work for the middle of the 3rd proposal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad