Things You Were Wrong About

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Stralman. I liked the signing in the summer but I wasn't expecting him to be as good as he has been for us.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
being a soft hockey team that can't make a deep playoff run thought we would get swept again in round one.

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
being a soft hockey team that can't make a deep playoff run thought we would get swept again in round one.

Same... can't believe I was dreaming about the "slight" possibility of winning 1 playoff series.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
1. Stralman is more physical than I gave him credit for
2. Thought Drouin would have immediate chemistry with Stamkos and stick in the lineup
3. Thought Namestnikov would have taken another step forward
4. Boyle is better and Morrow is worse than I had originally thought
5. Thought Carle would be serviceable

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Tyler Johnson being an average 2nd line center at best
Alex Killorn having poor hockey IQ and not a top 6 material
Kucherov not capable to play a decent 2 way game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
With limited TOI Carle would be a servicable #4-6 D.

Nabokov will play 20+ solid games for us, giving Bishop some relief and time to focus on the big games.

Nesterov will not play in the NHL this season.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
1. Thought Drouin would be a mainstay on the top line and win Rookie of the Year.
2. Did not think Kucherov would realize his potential so fast.
3. Thought Nabby would lock down the backup role all year.
4. Thought Sustr needed more AHL top pairing minutes. But turns out he just needed to be slotted correctly in that third pairing role.
5. Thought Connolly would do better than he did in a third line role.
6. Thought Gudlevskis would have a better year in the AHL.
7. Thought Nesterov would make a marginal improvement...if any. Kid is ready for third pairing action and PP time in the NHL.
8. Thought Paquette would come up after Boyle's contract was done...did not see him on the NHL roster this fast.

I'm sure there are other things...but generally some of our kids hitting/exceeding their expected ceilings this fast is what I was wrong about.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Thought Nabokov would be an ideal hold-over backup.

Thought Johnson would score 45 points on the 3rd line.

Thought Carle would be adequate (I guess he was, in spurts).

Thought Garrison would be a nice, bottom pairing addition.

JS91

May 14, 2014
I didn't like Stralman signing at all when it was announced because I had doubts he'd keep playing as well as he did in the playoffs. Yeah.. about that.

I also thought that Drouin would post close to 70 points winning the Calder playing next to Stamkos who'd put up a 50-60 goal season.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I was wrong in thinking that I'd find an interest in the Lightning but never again be invested emotionally in a team like I was with the Predators...

I guess a record setting regular season by an exciting young team with emerging star players, and a run to game seven of the conference finals is enough to get me seriously invested in the local team :D

...also wrong once that as i've grown up i'd not pick up on "favorite" players the way I did as a kid. First John LeClair and then David Legwand... but damn Tyler Johnson has proven me wrong there as well!

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Lightning closing out the series last night:/ It is do or die for game 7.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
besides us losing last night???

really believed this year we had to learn how to win and was going to be 2003 year where we came short but learned enough to win in 2004

now i know is doom and gloom here but game 7's anything is possible and truly believe till the end we will get the cup this year.

i believe this team bounces back and figures it all out

what really scares me is anaheim the physical play and perry in front of our net for 7 games if we are lucky he is much better bigger meaner and stronger than anyone this d has faced this year and bottom line after getting torched this series by rangers can only imagine what he does against us:(

anyway most of the rest is coming true we are sooooooooooo young i mean half the team seems 21 lol guess is more is 24 but whatever lol lots of rookies or babies turning into men is fun to watch but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooooooooooooooo frustrating

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
I was wrong in thinking that I'd find an interest in the Lightning but never again be invested emotionally in a team like I was with the Predators...

I guess a record setting regular season by an exciting young team with emerging star players, and a run to game seven of the conference finals is enough to get me seriously invested in the local team :D

...also wrong once that as i've grown up i'd not pick up on "favorite" players the way I did as a kid. First John LeClair and then David Legwand... but damn Tyler Johnson has proven me wrong there as well!

i will say this
last night down 3 or whatever we still had those wow moments on passes moves etc...

this team is dammed exciting am sure would be funner for someone unlike us so invested when they fail or blow up or suck it tears at the soul lol so figure fans of the league in time will appreciate these guys more as we expect more and more yearly lol etc..

hope that all makes sense

we had a wonderful year we are exciting as any team i can remember and when we play well my god the joy

but the expectation is through the roof so not sure those of us seriously invested are enjoying this as much as we should win lose or draw:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad