Things You Were Wrong About

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
What was something that you were completely wrong about this past year?

I'll start off by saying that I was completely wrong about the idea that the Lightning were too soft of a team to make a deep playoff run. I didn't think our speed and skill game could beat playoff competition.

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Anton Stralman worked out. Didn't think he was worth his contract but he has earned it.

geoo9

Mar 15, 2013
rusland
"Stammer is done"
It wasnt my opinion- i was beware of his linemates and that was big exсuse for him

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I thought we were too inexperienced to go this deep.

I also thought the power play was hopeless and would doom us.

I thought Callahan would be better. And Morrow. And Paquette. Boyle and Brown are the only lower liners worth a damn.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
I thought the Coburn acquisition could have been a mistake (at least what we paid for him).

I thought Johnson and Palat might struggle this season.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I (along with ALOT of other people) thought Johnson could be anywhere from 1st line center to 3rd line center. Pretty funny imaging him on the 3rd line now :laugh:

Tampa has so many centers we didn't know who would play where.

wxkid23

Oct 7, 2014
Kissimmee, FL
Too little experience to make a deep run and not physical enough. This may still catch up with us if we make the finals against CHI/ANA but I didn't see us even make it this far

CarpeNoctem

Chilling w The Chief
Oct 29, 2013
In The Night
Too little experience to make a deep run and not physical enough. This may still catch up with us if we make the finals against CHI/ANA but I didn't see us even make it this far

I was basically wrong about the same, plus many others. But our physicality comes at the expense of being terrible, Morrow, Pac, etc :laugh:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Why doesn't somebody bump the preseason thread? Sure you'll see a lot of Stamkos will get 100 points because of Drouin who'll win the Calder.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Johnson struggling to produce while being a 3rd line center behind Stamkos/Fil.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Glad to be wrong about: didn't think this team was ready to win tight defensive games like last night and game 7 against Detroit.

Not glad to be wrong about: thought Vlad would play well these playoffs and make Fil expendable in the offseason.

ClassicMach

Apr 14, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Uhhh... I think I nailed it generally besides Drouin. But I wasn't wrong about how good he was, I just anticipated him going full time this season with Stamkos. So I don't know if I was so much wrong as "right but deferred."

I'm still confident that once Drouin checks in full time with a scoring line he's going to wow us.

I was sure Bishop would regress and not be as amazing as he had been the season previous, but I guess I overestimated how much he'd regress.

Also Nabokov. Holy **** did I whiff on Nabokov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad