OT: Things to do during the restrictions

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not a whole lot has really changed for me. I normally read at least two books a month, and play guitar for at least an hour a day (jamming with friends has halted). I walk my dog every day, now when the weather permits my wife and newborn daughter come along with us. There's always a record spinning in the house - not as late in the evenings now with the baby. We finished the fence, deck, and lawn two summers ago and finished the basement last year so renovations are done for now.

The main difference now is I'm not watching the Jets a couple times per week and I'm not managing my fantasy baseball team. I'm noticing a lot more people in the neighborhood getting outside who I've never seen before, dogs that my dog has never met before - possibly getting walked for the first time in years. I wonder if dog leash and poop bag sales went up this month.

I'm also not seeing my family - with a newborn that's really not ideal. Lots of video chats.

This isn't the Earth I arrived at - but it might not be all negative.

Thanks for uploading pictures of your present time Spock... if its okay I'll share them with everyone... I know you are a logical man... so affirmative...

TOS-Behind-the-Scenes-leonard-nimoy-11885952-850-990.jpg

Good that you and Shat' man like the same high-brow books... what's next....? The "Joy of Pon Farr... ?

latest

I'm pretty sure that's not a guitar... that's a Lyrette... you lose your thoughts when you play... you get emotional I dare say...

spock-dog.jpg

Didn't you used to have 2 dogs...? Oh... that's right... I'm sorry for your loss... Walkie's "Needle Head"?... then he was particles in space...

e3afe3edab1dba8c9c4ae3f5106e6980.jpg

Cute daughter... strange... she looks a lot like Shat'... um er… next picture...

41diiFxlYGL._UY250_.jpg

You already wrote a book about your new baby... Sheldon... what a cute name...

03e.jpg

Singing to Sting... Yeee'ahhhh !!!... But I heard you can only ever hit the high notes during Pon Farr... I guess that's why you're only a Science Officer by day...

38_550x550_Front_Color-BlueWhite.jpg

Strange... you were in the stands for every Astro's World Series victory... I think you forgot to put the garbage out...

st267.jpg

About that dog poop... just offer them your Tricorder...

Anyways... thanks for sharing the family photos...

Good to hear you and your stellar family are doing well...

Take care Cauca'zoid… thhhhppptttt….

:sarcasm:

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We went for a ride to Gimli yesterday via the back roads. Counted close to 80 bald eagles. The first great blue heron of the year. We also saw 5 Tundra swans and a host of The Usual Suspects like ducks and geese and crows and robins and dark-eyed juncos etc... we also saw a hell of a lot of people out at their cottages.

Last edited:

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Working and waiting for this f***ing weather to get nice enough to do some form of golf and be able to take the summer car on the road . Going to the dog park everyday , the dog is saying i don't know what's going on but i love it . :laugh: I'm DONE WITH WINTER , we had a brutal September and October because of all the rain so it's been especially long this year . :mad:

Reactions: GNP and sipowicz

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Read that old Boris came pretty close to having an extended dirt nap, anyway he’s out of hospital ready for more fun with his baby mama!
I didn't know the story of his baby mama so I looked him up on wiki.....he's a busy guy!!!!!!

"In 1987, he married Allegra Mostyn-Owen, daughter of the art historian William Mostyn-Owen and Italian writer Gaia Servadio. The couple's marriage was annulled in 1993and twelve days later Johnson married Marina Wheeler, a barrister, daughter of journalist and broadcaster Charles Wheeler and his wife, Dip Singh. Five weeks later, Wheeler and Johnson's first child was born. The Wheeler and Johnson families have known each other for decades, and Marina Wheeler was at the European School, Brussels, at the same time as her future husband. They have four children: two daughters and two sons.
Between 2000 and 2004, Johnson had an affair with Spectator columnist Petronella Wyatt when he was its editor, resulting in two terminated pregnancies. In April 2006, the News of the World alleged that Johnson was having an affair with Guardian journalist Anna Fazackerley. The pair refused to comment and shortly afterwards Johnson employed Fazackerley.
In 2009, Johnson fathered a daughter with Helen MacIntyre, an arts consultant. In 2013, the Court of Appeal quashed an injunction seeking to ban reporting of his daughter's existence. The judge ruled that the public had a right to know about Johnson's "reckless" behaviour.
In September 2018, Johnson and Wheeler issued a statement confirming that after 25 years of marriage they had separated "several months ago", and had begun divorce proceedings. They reached a financial settlement in February 2020.
In 2019, Johnson was living with Carrie Symonds, the daughter of Matthew Symonds, son of John Beavan, Baron Ardwick and a co-founder of The Independent newspaper, and Josephine McAfee, a lawyer. Symonds had worked for the Conservative party since 2009 and worked on Johnson's 2012 campaign to be re-elected as Mayor. On 29 February 2020, Johnson and Symonds announced their engagement and that Symonds was expecting a baby in early summer."

Sip, I am guessing you mean the last one?

There's a good one liner in that story with him beating the virus and everything.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I've been learning about the stock market, and all there is to know about it. Like what all these companies do, who controls all the money, and how this all influences world affairs. When you follow the money, and the people that have it, you have a good idea, on how the future will be shaped.

One of the biggest things I see for the future, is the support of the millenials for "renewable energy" --like evidenced with Electric Cars ( Tesla) -- robotic surgery done with precision ( Intuitive Surgical) and Solar Energy, and how they can get a car to go 160 miles, just charging it with Solar Energy ( Envision Solar) Also the role of artificial intelligence, and the companies behind it. Also the storage of energy will be big in the future -- hi -tech batteries etc.

The stock market and emerging companies, will tell you how our future society will shaped be in the near future, and I find it fascinating. Also learning how to become an expert trader, owning parts of these companies, and buying and selling shares of them. It's a new horizon for me, and I'm somewhat obsessed with it right now. I hope to become very proficient at it, but there's a lot to learn -- there's a lot of smart people out there. Just doing a lot of reading right now, and increasing my knowledge base --as they say - "knowledge is power".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad