OT: Things to do during the restrictions

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
What is everyone doing to stop from going cabin fever crazy?
Cleaning the garage?
Working on a house reno?
Home schooling the kids?
Watching tv/movies?

I am getting tired of movies and went for a drive to a spot where the suckers run this afteernoon. We saw tons of wildlife on the way there and back.
Deer like crazy, tons of migrating wildfowl, sharptail grouse doing their "displayiing dance", Great-horned owl on a nest with a mate nearby.
We saw 20 Tundra swans in 4 different smaller flocks. Lots of Kestrels, hawks and an assortment of other birds.
We stopped and let the dogs run around for 10 minutes where there was nobody around and they loved all the new smells...they are Golden retrievers so they loved seeing all the waterfowl too.
Changing the oil in the Jeep tomorrow and changing the sway bar links in the car. I've gott to get out of someone's hair or she is going to kill me.

What is every one else doing to pass the time???

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
put new flooring down and new baseboard/trim in the bedroom......something I had put off since December lol. Next will be repainting the Livingroom and kitchen. We were contemplating putting our acreage on the market early summer and moving back into town for the older kids. We will see what the market is like by then I guess...…..would be a great COvid 19 hideaway lol.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Working in My home office; consulting on Animal Care Issues & Operational issues by phone only...

Making deliveries to the edges of farms for Vaccines & Vaccine Supplies, Feed Additives, Probiotic & Macro Mineral Products...

Delivering small amounts of surplus animals to make up for short placements...

A note... a lot of My work was hands on with the Farmers.... now no On Farm Visits are allowed re: our authorities... strict lockdown protocol... deliveries only to the edge of farm yards... and of course safe distancing with the Farmers...

Other than that... the normal routine's of preparing a home for spring... rebuilt a Dyson Vacuum to give to My Sister... helping family who aren't doing well in this.... and helping Community persons in trouble delivering groceries, picking up documents & other things needed transported and talking with our friends and keeping each company through Facetime & the Internet...

And being who I am on HFJets…

:)

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
Vancouver has been pretty nice. We have fabulous weather and so many parks (I am in New Westminster). I've been taking the stroller with the three-year-old and hanging around in the park all day.

Socially isolating playing soccer, bubbles, etc.

That said,i rumour is they may start shutting down some city parks later today as Stanley park and some of the popular parks are so incredibly busy.

Last edited:

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
helping Community persons in trouble delivering groceries, picking up documents & other things needed transported and talking with our friends and keeping each company through Facetime & the Internet...

And being who I am on HFJets…

:)
Way to go and good on you!!!

Reactions: Howard Chuck

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
I'm sort of lucky in a sense that my home is like my base. I've got my recording studio here, my VR-gaming stuff here, my Kinect Sports stuff here. I was Covid-ready before Covid was even decimating the economy (on a sidenote, I think we might be overreacting, See London Real's David Icke interview [doesnt mean you have to believe it, but see it]).

I'm super lucky as well because I'm into meditating (meditation takes a long time to take a hold in you so you have to be patient and just get on that horse again and again and don't let your thoughts tell you that you are failing). I'm a wannabe-christian as well so I use Jesse Lee Peterson's Silent Prayer.

London Real is hosting Wim Hof (who is like a real-life mind-over-matter-actual-superhero-guy) tonight, so I'm looking forward to that.

Just as a past time, I've been refreshing my memory about piracy, the war of independence and that time period in general. If you are into cooking, check out what they ate 300 years ago.

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I contacted the local Canadian Reserves unit and offered my help in logistics. With my COPD, I don’t want to have direct contact with the public, but I can help load, unload, sort, package, drive, etc...
As an ex member of the military, I also know the routines, expectations, and other factors, though I might need an upgrade

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
As we've delved deeper into the deep freeze I've been trying some new recipes of my own making. Last Friday I did up a Chilean Sea Bass with a garlic tarragon cream sauce of my own creation. When I'm doing the chef thing I'll often do the 'pinch of this, dash of that' thing and just out of luck stumbled onto a recipe that all four of my kids loved. And I mean high praise! My seven year old son said "this is better than McDonalds!"

I gotta try and remember what all I threw in there...

m.

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Feeding this little guy
IMG_20200405_1159225~2.jpg
IMG_20200405_1152339~2.jpg

Spock

Commander
Oct 5, 2017
Vulcan
Not a whole lot has really changed for me. I normally read at least two books a month, and play guitar for at least an hour a day (jamming with friends has halted). I walk my dog every day, now when the weather permits my wife and newborn daughter come along with us. There's always a record spinning in the house - not as late in the evenings now with the baby. We finished the fence, deck, and lawn two summers ago and finished the basement last year so renovations are done for now.

The main difference now is I'm not watching the Jets a couple times per week and I'm not managing my fantasy baseball team. I'm noticing a lot more people in the neighborhood getting outside who I've never seen before, dogs that my dog has never met before - possibly getting walked for the first time in years. I wonder if dog leash and poop bag sales went up this month.

I'm also not seeing my family - with a newborn that's really not ideal. Lots of video chats.

This isn't the Earth I arrived at - but it might not be all negative.

Reactions: Jets 31 and Ducky10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad