OT: Things that are different in life now that the Oilers don't suck

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
To add onto this, I actually get nervous in close games because we can win, as opposed to waiting for the downfall.

If you think HFOil has been bipolar these past 10 years, wait till the stretch run for the playoffs (and god willing, the actual playoffs).

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
After this season we'll hear no more of "No one has ever tweeted about an Oilers playoff game" and all that.

Sooooooo when we make the playoffs, will we be allowed to make a thread along the lines of "The last time the Oilers were in the playoffs (fill in the blank)..."?

Or is that taboo? ;)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I have no ****ing clue what Nolan Patrick is about

When we win I don't have to really take in the win as it might be last one we see in awhile.

Flames and Nucks fans really aren't as annoying.

My BAC isn't covering for depression when watching a game in public. It is now apart of happiness.

Based on #4 I seem to buy more drinks for others.

I find myself making sure I can sit down for a game. Before If I had plans I wouldn't break them. If I didn't have plans on a FRI/SAT I'd look to make plans. Now I really have no issue kicking back and watching the game while my friends go out.

When wearing my gear I don't get heckled.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
I actually care about the rest of the league much more. I follow the standings, watch more highlights, even read previews of games that I'd normally not care about. Still watching the Raptors consistently, but my consumption of the rest of the NBA has significantly dropped

Ditto. Im more into the sport again. I tune into games that mean something for us. It feels right again .

I couldn't tell you enough about how happy this team has made me this year. And now, more lately, im just thinking about what the playoffs could be like again, and that gets me giddy.

Then, Connor mcdavid. I still can't believe we have him. He's been everything as advertised so far and he's really starting to become a true true oiler to me. It seems like it truly was destiny he'd be the captain of this team and he would help turn this ship around.

What a year it's been so far. My hockey life is perfect right now

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
Someone might have already mentioned it, but I really appreciate how we don't get the fans of other teams coming into our post game threads anymore telling us,

"How good we looked"... and how "nervous" they were every time "so-and-so had the puck", and how "good" we'll be "in a few years"

McTrashBoat

Show me the deed
Nov 28, 2014
Someone might have already mentioned it, but I really appreciate how we don't get the fans of other teams coming into our post game threads anymore telling us,

"How good we looked"... and how "nervous" they were every time "so-and-so had the puck", and how "good" we'll be "in a few years"

we're not getting their pity anymore, we're getting their ire

and that's so much better

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
You know one thing I just kinda realized after reading a post about who cares about where the Flames are. I really have no idea what the hell the standings are as a whole. Before I guess I'd check to see when we'd be clinching a top pick, but now I'm more just laid back and enjoying hockey.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I get to smile at all the Canucks/Flames fans that have been trash talking me for 10 years. I don't have to say a single word and they divert their eyes in shame.

Suck it haters!

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
its January and I'm nervous for games

To add onto this, I actually get nervous in close games because we can win, as opposed to waiting for the downfall.

So true. In years past there was always an underlying air of "this is going to go wrong at any moment" - and you'd never be that upset when it inevitably did. Now, I get hot under the collar when we **** away points - because we're actually in it now.

And others have said it - but I'm actually 20x more interested in the rest of the NHL now. Before it would be I'd occasionally check on teams I enjoyed (Red Wings, Blues), but now I find I'm watching all kinds of games - those that effect our standings and even those that don't.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
Best of all, maybe the Flames are entering into the dark times as we're exiting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad