OT: Things that are different in life now that the Oilers don't suck

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
ITT: We name things that you find different in your life now that the Oilers don't suck.

Sky is bluer
Sun shines brighter
Grass is greener
I'm more interested in NHL hockey as a whole, stay more in tune with what's going in the league
Water tastes better
Wine tastes sweeter
Club Soda tastes the same (disgusting)
Girls seem prettier
Other people are less annoying

0ilerman

The King
Mar 17, 2008
Capital City
I actually care about the rest of the league much more. I follow the standings, watch more highlights, even read previews of games that I'd normally not care about. Still watching the Raptors consistently, but my consumption of the rest of the NBA has significantly dropped

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Ever since the Oilers started winning i no longer craving the demon rum.

I am very confused and sober for the first time in ages. My days of Irish breakfasts have come to an end.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
The only negative is that games are more expensive but it's a small price to pay to watch meaningful hockey after October.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
No mocking from Facebook friends.

No reason to get drunk and/or high to get myself ready for the pain of watching games.

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Almost an air of respectability. Less mocking of the Oilers on satellite radio. Lots of tongue biting :)

By default the main boards are still negative on the Oilers and live in past. The opposite is true of say the Lightning:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2177747

"They're still too good of a team to miss. This thread will look silly in a few months when they're primed for a deep playoff run."

When we reach that sort of optimism by OTHER fans on the main board we've become legit. I'm hoping that is next season :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad