Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid: Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
Remember the days when they used to do that for everyone? And serve you meals?

I just flew a discount airline a few months ago to Vegas, and the only thing they give you is a glass of water. No food, no warm beverages, no alcohol. Which is fine, because we knew that ahead of time and packed all the stuff we needed... but it sure ain't like it used to be.

Also that airline (Lynx in Canada) just declared bankruptcy a few weeks ago. I flew with them a few times, and there are definitely some frustrations (like measuring every single passenger's carry-ons and looking for ways to upcharge you) but the flights were dirt cheap. I went Montreal-Vegas return for two people for $270. Halifax-Toronto for 3 people was $320.

There's no way an airline in Canada can survive with those rates.

I sometimes drive to Maine and hop on an Allegiant flight for dirt cheap, even when considering the CAD/USD exchange and long-term parking cost.
its like most things in canada there simply isnt enuf population to support the USA way of life

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
I do remember the meals!

Lynx sounds a lot like Spirit for Frontier. Both low budget airlines that upcharge you for everything. Want to pick your seat, that'll be $20, oh, you've got a carry-on, that's another $20, oh, you need to check your bag, that'll be $40. Their base fare is cheap, but all the other things add up so they basically become the same price as the others.

I imagine you have the volume of passengers in the US to keep these discount airlines afloat?

It seems like every one we get, it either folds within a few years or gets gobbled up by our duopoly of either Air Canada or WestJet.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
On Couturier, he did say that he does not believe Danny and Jonesy were thrilled that that happened, and noted Danny’s long-standing relationship.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Honestly, I feel like it hamstrings Briere in this case. New GM, had a long standing history with a player, feels he needs to remain impartial. Torts knows he can push things here.

The thought had occurred to me that this nonsense could be directed whole or in part at Briere as some sort of stupid head game / power play.

Reactions: Amorgus and renberg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
First 18 minutes or so of 32 Thoughts today dedicated to the Flyers, Fedotov, Jonesy, and speculation of Torts future as Friedman spoke directly to Jonesy. Seems like they had already planned to talk about them.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

pooch

May 30, 2017
First 18 minutes or so of 32 Thoughts today dedicated to the Flyers, Fedotov, Jonesy, and speculation of Torts future as Friedman spoke directly to Jonesy. Seems like they had already planned to talk about them.
Were they speculating he'd be gone from the org after the season? If not, I dont want to know.

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Fedotov is a UFA. Someone might offer him more, and he might be the starter. Depends how the rest of his starts go, that’s probably too low. 3 x $3M? We don’t want NJD to snag him.

I would tend to agree for the sole purpose of his earning window being much narrower than your typical first-year NHLer and provided he brings the goods in his "audition."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad