Blue Jays Discussion: Things are Happ-ening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Aww, internet sarcasm. Remind me not to come back here. Apparently blind optimism runs through here a lot.

There's nothing wrong with internet sarcasm when employed wisely. But this board (mostly just the Jays thread) is full of posters who will use sarcasm in lieu of an actual argument and legitimately think that a smug comment and a random .gif are adequate substitutes for rational though.

It's great for breaking news though. Totally on point.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
There's nothing wrong with internet sarcasm when employed wisely. But this board (mostly just the Jays thread) is full of posters who will use sarcasm in lieu of an actual argument and legitimately think that a smug comment and a random .gif are adequate substitutes for rational though.

I know right...lousy hipster scum. Who do they think they are.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
Vidkun Quisling
Benedict Arnold
David Price

Who is the greatest traitor? Personally I think Price.

This post may seem like its mocking the overreactive posts in this thread, but I assure you it is 100% serious.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I think most people saw the Price move coming. When the trade happened I did not like it--Jays were going all in and I think they did too many wrong things. Jays went from a team playing for each other--to individuals ln a team.

Blues Jays have also now gone the somewhat cheapi route in building the pitching staff now and it does not look good

Wait are you saying getting Price and Tulo hurt team chemistry

I've seen it all now.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Vidkun Quisling
Benedict Arnold
David Price

Who is the greatest traitor? Personally I think Price.

This post may seem like its mocking the overreactive posts in this thread, but I assure you it is 100% serious.

I heard a rumour Price is currently standing on the Edgewalk throwing dollar bills and spitting down at pedestrians true story

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario

Notice how the first guy to quote you was one of those people you described too. :laugh:

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
I think most people saw the Price move coming. When the trade happened I did not like it--Jays were going all in and I think they did too many wrong things. Jays went from a team playing for each other--to individuals ln a team.

Blues Jays have also now gone the somewhat cheapi route in building the pitching staff now and it does not look good

If you change everything to the opposite of what you said, it would make sense.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
I know right...lousy hipster scum. Who do they think they are.

We should eliminate them while we have the chance!

On another note, I don't understand why some feel completely betrayed by Price. He pitched in a whopping total of 15 games for us, this isn't ****ing Doc signing with the Yankees. He was a rental and as expected, he signed with the team that gave him a blank cheque.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
So. Doesn't it look much better now that we went out and got 3 pitchers quietly before this went down so we at least have time and options left to come out this alright?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
So. Doesn't it look much better now that we went out and got 3 pitchers quietly before this went down so we at least have time and options left to come out this alright?

I can't imagine this post getting many reasonable responses.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario

If we go out and sign Heyward, dump Revere, resign Lowe/sign Sipp, and pick up another few MR relievers I will be really happy. That team would also be better then last years and its not close.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
If we go out and sign Heyward, dump Revere, resign Lowe/sign Sipp, and pick up another few MR relievers I will be really happy. That team would also be better then last years and its not close.

Is being really happy contingent on signing Heyward?

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
I think Price is getting overrated and the rest of the team underrated.

with Price on the mound we failed to score 5+ runs in only three of his eleven starts. We lost two of those games by scores of 4-3 and 4-2...so it's not like Price won games by himself. We didn't even need an ace to win most of his starts. If you had subbed an average starter we still would've won the majority of those 11 starts. How many games did Price actually win us? It's not like we relied on him to win us 3-2 games...and he clearly wasn't very good at doing that for us seeing how we lost the games where we didn't score 5+ runs for him.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
giphy.gif

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No, I just feel an upgrade is necessary in LF and I would rather have Hayward then a player like Gordon who would begin to decline soon. I would be complacent with a few pen upgrades though.

I mean I would love to sign Heyward too but I don't think they are focusing on that front.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Donaldson really doesn't give two ***** about anyone or anything. That hair is case in point. :laugh: Haters sustain him.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ah yeah, for a guy who has easily amassed over 100 million dollars in salary in his career and has been for a while, I'm sure making EVEN MORE MONEY is the ideal idea when he has a lesser chance to actually win anything.

I guarantee you not 1 single MLB player who's made at least 20 million dollars will choose to play in Toronto for 92 million dollars less than in Boston.

It's not like Boston is the ****ing Phillies, they won the WS what, 2 years ago? They're always gonna go out and outpay their mistakes, they're going to be a competitive team.

Aww, internet sarcasm. Remind me not to come back here. Apparently blind optimism runs through here a lot.

Just taking this time to remind you not to come back here like you asked. That'd be great thanks

As for constant sarcasm, all these garbage posts have been refuted hundreds of times already, if people didn't care to comprehend the logic for first hundred times it's just as well to posts sarcasm responses and laugh at the refusal to accept reality.

Anyone who actually presents a reasonable argument most of the time and doesn't just scream cheap rogers or stupid this, or who cares to not just ignore any reasonable response to them doesn't get sarcastic responses. The posters who continue to ignore the logical responses they get replied with aren't going to get more logical responses for them to just brush off and criticize management some more, so they respond sarcastically knowing there's no reasonable discussion to be had anyway

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
a perfectly "efficient" expenditiure anticipating porcello will earn ~3war per year through his prime years, and paying him market $/war value for it.

Except his WAR doesn't justify anything when his stats reek and scream #3/4 pitcher. Boston drastically overpaid for a subpar pitcher.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
16 players will carry a higher 2016 cap hit than the 2013 Houston Astros' opening day payroll. Will be more with Greinke, Heyward, and potentially Chris Davis contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad