Therrien's current approval rating

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
There's more, I am sure but those three are the biggest ones that jump to mind.

Ice management doesn't just reflect on PK, but also the likes of Galchenyuk, Eller line being broken up to get Desharnais going, Plekanec-Gionta and Pacioretty-Desharnais being the only two lines to get time in OT, and so on.

The benching/re-benching reflects what we've seen so far but was mind-blowingly bad last game against the Penguins. The good decision to bench him was after the goal following his turnover on the PP. I agreed with that. But when he played him on the PP later and they got a big goal to tie it late in the period, Subban was re-benched and didn't see time in OT. That is what I was referring to.

And the grinding team is self-explanatory.

There's more, I know that but these three cons bug me the most.

Sure, but these cons far, far outweigh finishing atop the division when you play in a such a weak Eastern conference or giving open spots to rookies (something we've repeatedly done over the years).

To me, mismanaging players and getting most of them to regress, is enough to fire someone.

PricePkPatch*

What happened since the beginning of the year?? We've seen MT constantly punish and even publicly bash PK for mistakes. How has that worked?? He's been worse and worse.
Has Therrien changed his approach? Doesn't seem like it.

No idea. Really. PK's decline hasn't really coincided with a particular mistreatment by Therrien.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad