News Article: Therrien says Habs’ youngsters to see plenty of action in final weeks

Youppi ki yay

Oct 3, 2011
NB
Plekanec 19.3 mins
Pacioretty 17
Gallager 15.3
Eller 14.4
DLR 14.26
Byron 14.2
Dale Weise 14.2
Galchenyuk 13.3
Mitchell 13.22
Fleischmann 12.5
Andrighetto 12.5
DSP 10

lirl

So if we were showcasing Fleischman with big minutes last game, are we now saying there is a good chance Pleky gets traded?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
So if we were showcasing Fleischman with big minutes last game, are we now saying there is a good chance Pleky gets traded?

Trading Plekanec? Never...

That would be like MT tearing his lungs out of his chest, he couldn't breathe anymore

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
None of them were rushed. Beaulieu and Tinordi were never first in the pecking order. A vet was always taking their spot. If they were playing, it was on the bottom pair, with the lowest responsibilities. Tinordi has a career high of 22 games played in a season. That's barely even getting his feet wet. An extended tryout. He played 6 games in October, apparently went back to the AHL, and then got 16 games to round out the season, all while averaging 14 minutes a night. That's barely even using him.

Of course they were rushed. Did they appear in the NHL at 20 and 21 years old? Then they were rushed. Were they showing consistent play in the AHL at the time, no, then they were rushed. It has nothing to do with pecking order, it's about putting prospects in positions they aren't ready for, to me that's rushing them. It doesn't matter if he played 5 minutes or 15 minutes, when you put a 20 or 21 year old rookie that is trying to learn how to be a pro, and you put him into that pressure cooker it is rushing their development.

No they are being hampered by a biased bad system coach. Nate sometimes had 6 minutes because Sir Benchalot would punish him for his every mistake, including just a few games ago. Not to mention playing behind a lot of terrible dmane in comparison. Chuckie is playing less minutes than our 4th line center. If we drafted crosby do you think he should have anything less than second line minutes by year 4? NO? Then why is our very good draft pick playing less minutes than fourth liners...again This is a pattern.

No there hasn't been any rushing if anything it isn't rushing. Tinner wasn't even playing. At least if he had been in the AHL he might have played well and been devloping. He sat in the pressbox for close to 40 games this year and played in ONLY 2 1/2 games. Because Therrien benched him after his fight. I doubt he had 30 minutes over all three games. That is as far away from rushing a player as you can get. If you aren't even playing at ANY level, you are not being rushed. That I can guarantee.

Should we see how rushed Ghetto has been, even while we have tons of injuries? Jerked up and down the lineup, never a steady line(an MT specialty), from AHL to NHL to AHL to NHL to..
Same old same old.

/nerdstuff. Some people here have a 'bag of holding' filled with excuses why MT isn't as bad as all logic point to.

That's just it, Beaulieu and Tinordi both showed enough mental mistakes at the AHL level that they should never have been put in the NHL at 20/21 even if it was just for 5 minutes, why mess with their development when they weren't showing enough at the AHL in the first place? To me that is rushing. Therrien has his own faults, but it starts with the AHL coaching staff not getting these guys ready, it ends with management being the ones that called these kids up too soon, and Timmins and his staff have a share in the blame as well.

Montreal you're one of the better posters here, but you come off like a deer in the headlight when you say that Beaulieu and Tinordi were rushed.

What's your definition of rushed? Mine is when you appear in the NHL as a 1st or 2nd year pro, yet you haven't shown enough at the AHL level to be in the NHL. If you are making key mistakes at the AHL level, why would you call them up since it's not like those problems are going to go away. Look how it's turned out, Tinordi still has the same issues as day 1 in Hamilton, Beaulieu still makes bad decisions, poor positioning at times, the same things he did day 1 in Hamilton. Were they in the NHL at 20 and 21, yes, did they show in the AHL they were ready, no then to me they were rushed.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is turning into another "bash Therrien" thread. And quite predictably at that.

We all know how the thread title is just another bogus cop-out line that Therrien concocts during his pressers and is just another magnet for ridicule. I'm still waiting on the outcome of that "Galchenyuk at centre" announcement from the pre-season.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
This is turning into another "bash Therrien" thread. And quite predictably at that.

We all know how the thread title is just another bogus cop-out line that Therrien concocts during his pressers and is just another magnet for ridicule. I'm still waiting on the outcome of that "Galchenyuk at centre" announcement from the pre-season.

Well, it's to be expected. If you make a claim and don't follow through, then you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot and looking like you're just spewing whatever bull**** you believe will appease the masses and deserve the ensuing bashing.

Then again, this statement was pretty vague and subject to interpretation. Which youngsters? What is considered plenty of action? You'll probably find many different answers to these questions.

The Galchenyuk statement doesn't suffer this problem and is much more of a head scratcher to me. He was just kind of removed from center and no actual reason was stated for this, unless I forgot about it since it was probably a dumb one. And here we are, still looking for that #1 C.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, it's to be expected. If you make a claim and don't follow through, then you're kind of shooting yourself in the foot and looking like you're just spewing whatever bull**** you believe will appease the masses and deserve the ensuing bashing.

Then again, this statement was pretty vague and subject to interpretation. Which youngsters? What is considered plenty of action? You'll probably find many different answers to these questions.

The Galchenyuk statement doesn't suffer this problem and is much more of a head scratcher to me. He was just kind of removed from center and no actual reason was stated for this, unless I forgot about it since it was probably a dumb one. And here we are, still looking for that #1 C.

That's a good way of putting the Galchenyuk statement in perspective. It was way more definitive. The statement in the thread title can mean anything.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What's your definition of rushed? Mine is when you appear in the NHL as a 1st or 2nd year pro, yet you haven't shown enough at the AHL level to be in the NHL. If you are making key mistakes at the AHL level, why would you call them up since it's not like those problems are going to go away. Look how it's turned out, Tinordi still has the same issues as day 1 in Hamilton, Beaulieu still makes bad decisions, poor positioning at times, the same things he did day 1 in Hamilton. Were they in the NHL at 20 and 21, yes, did they show in the AHL they were ready, no then to me they were rushed.
By that definition Mario Lemieux was rushed to the NHL.

A player is only rushed if they show that they can't play in this league and can't develop here. Chuck showed he was more than ready in his first year and Beau was ready when he was brought up as well.

The struggles our players are experiencing are not due to them being rushed. It's due to them being misused by an incompetent coach along with bad systems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad