Gaston Therrien: ''J'crois que Michel doit être nominé pour le Jack Adams''

:damnpc:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Wow. The insanity here is relentless.

This is a hockey board
you're confusing passion for insanity
keep in mind that opinions are like bung holes....... you know the rest

I for one am not a fan of Therrien, but i don't go around calling his supporters names, I may wonder in a quiet moment of reflection if they harbour some agenda or if they wear foil hats while in their parents basements writing blogs and so on. But I internalize that, i never verbalize or put it in print.

Pricef*

This is a hockey board
you're confusing passion for insanity
keep in mind that opinions are like bung holes....... you know the rest

I for one am not a fan of Therrien, but i don't go around calling his supporters names, I may wonder in a quiet moment of reflection if they harbour some agenda or if they wear foil hats while in their parents basements writing blogs and so on. But I internalize that, i never verbalize or put it in print.

Wow. That perfectly describes the haters here. :laugh:

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
The scandalous part here is the use of the word nominé

Agreed.

I can't believe Gaston actually used that word in its proper context. He probably said "Yress une chose... Michel Therrien doit être nommé pour le Jack Adams", :laugh:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
We were told 20 or 30 or 40 games ago that the Habs winning record was unsustainable, but they're still winning.

I think this late season success is a challenge to the ideology of Corsi.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We were told 20 or 30 or 40 games ago that the Habs winning record was unsustainable, but they're still winning.

Not sure if you're poking fun at it, but there are outliers/compensating factors for any stat. Price himself is an outlier, naturally, but the team's character and will to come back has played a real part in compensating for their poor possession.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Not sure if you're poking fun at it, but there are outliers/compensating factors for any stat. Price himself is an outlier, naturally, but the team's character and will to come back has played a real part in compensating for their poor possession.

If "character and will" are factors then that is a challenge to the ideology of corsi.

We were told that the Habs winning ways were unsustainable, full stop. They're still winning. Either the Habs are an extreme outlier, or they're utilizing strategies that circumvent the corsi model.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If "character and will" are factors then that is a challenge to the ideology of corsi.

We were told that the Habs winning ways were unsustainable, full stop. They're still winning. Either the Habs are an extreme outlier, or they're utilizing strategies that circumvent the corsi model.

or maybe we have a better roster than some "Habs fans" think ?

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK

They are sustainable as long as we have the best player in hockey in net. Our margin for error is that slim.

Look what happens in games where Tokarski takes over for a true indication for the effectiveness of DA SYSTEM.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
They are sustainable as long as we have the best player in hockey in net. Our margin for error is that slim.

Look what happens in games where Tokarski takes over for a true indication for the effectiveness of DA SYSTEM.
Yup. The numbers don't lie. Montreal has the league's highest SV% at 0.9279. Nashville is next at .9216. The league average is .9098.

Take the number of shots we surrender (1818), and apply the league average SV%, and we jump from 131 GA to 164, which instantly puts the Habs underwater in goal differential and probably tumbles us all the way down to a wild-card fight with Boston.

And every team who has surrendered more SA than us, is at least 4 points out of a playoff spot.

We've also got the fifth-fewest SF in the league, again, all four beneath us are way out of the playoffs. Even the three directly ahead of us are out.

Price should win the Hart, it's that simple. Therrien should be fired. This team may not quit but it sure plays with fire a lot.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
If someone doesn't know who jack adams is, why you call yourself a hockey fan? lol its like saying who the hell is maurice rocket richards.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

The whole system revolving around analysis of Corsi/Fenwick supposes all goalies are created equals and are otherwise interchangeable.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Last night's game is a perfect example of how Corsi messes up opinions.

If you actually watched last night's game, the Habs had more quality scoring chances and St.Louis hung Allen out to dry...3 breakaways and 3 or 4 odd man rushes. The Habs gave up zero breakaways and 1 maybe 2 odd man rushes. Yet the Corsi numbers show St Louis dominated and Price robbed them.

Price was solid, but Allen made tougher saves than him and still lost.

Habs had a 40 Corsi but dominated 60-40 or 65-35.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
If someone doesn't know who jack adams is, why you call yourself a hockey fan? lol its like saying who the hell is maurice rocket richards.

Well there's kindof a HUGE difference between both (and that's coming from a very, very long-time HOH resident).

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Well there's kindof a HUGE difference between both (and that's coming from a very, very long-time HOH resident).

Jack Adams was the first of his generation.
The Rocket was also the first of his generation.

This generation has internet, its so easy to check up or read up on history. Its not like you have to go to library and do research. The lack of knowledge is disrespectful. I guess my father's generation is what it was like to be a real fan and not just some kid growing up in the 2000s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad