Therrien allegedly said Pacioretty is the worst Captain in Habs' history

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
Part of me says Therrien is stupid for uttering such a statement the other part of me says that he stated it off the record at a golf course, why do you feel the need to print it?

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
Ironically, Therrien is among the worst coaches to ever coach the Habs. The players and the captain aren't the biggest problem with this team, Therrien needs to look in the mirror to find the biggest issue with this team.

Oct 18, 2011
I guess now that Subban is gone MT needs a new target until he runs all the good habs players out of town.

Galchy is next

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
This is going to be another entertaining season up in Montréal

giphy.gif

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Does not seem very believable that he would be stupid enough to say this publicly, even if he thinks it's true(which I would not doubt).

In any case, that locker room should riot.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I'm so tired of Therrien.

I remember back when the lockout ended I was excited to have hockey back, but then I remembered he was still the coach...

Here we are 4 years later :facepalm:

BrendanGallagher11

Sep 18, 2013
Montreal
I doubt Therrien would say this...

However I have to agree. Your captain is suppose to lead by example on and off the Ice.
Step his game up when the time matters. ..and patches fails to do that.
I'd prefer Weber or Gallagher

Oh welll
Habssss

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
If he did say that he wouldn't be wrong. For me personally I would have kept Subban and gave him the C but that was never going to happen

bam09

Jan 19, 2008
Whether or not he said it, forgetting if it was meant to be reported or not, it's an indictment of Therrien's character that it's even believable to begin with. There's not one other coach in the league who, if it was reported they said this, would it even be entertained as credible.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Therrien is known for throwing his players under the bus, but this is something else entirely - if true. I would wait to hear more about this.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Whether or not he said it, forgetting if it was meant to be reported or not, it's an indictment of Therrien's character that it's even believable to begin with. There's not one other coach in the league who, if it was reported they said this, would it even be entertained as credible.

Good point. I lean towards not believing this story, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities that this is true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad