Pre-Game Talk: There's still another game they said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
If the 1 vs 8 format still existed, we would be playing Colorado in the first round.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
As an aside, MacKinnon could steal the Art Ross from Kucherov with a 6 point game tonight.

That might not be out of reach if we rest all of our best players.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
As an aside, MacKinnon could steal the Art Ross from Kucherov with a 6 point game tonight.

That might not be out of reach if we rest all of our best players.
I hope they have to share it and meet up every two weeks to exchange it

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
more evidence that Oilers are 2nd behind the Leafs in Canada
Singh still sucks ass
Dude if a dynasty didn't change that nothing will. It's a fact of life. The only team in Canada that can contend with the Leafs in that regard is Montreal. It's no different than the Lakers in the NBA, the Cowboys in the NFL or the Yankees in the MLB.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Given how many complaints there have been about Michaels and DeBrusk this year I don't see this as the downgrade some people think it is.

A win's a win, regardless of who's calling the game.
I don't know why so many people complain about Jack... I think he's excellent.

Singh annoys me. He mixes up players all the time and he often has no idea what just happened with the play. At least 2-3 times per game there is a whistle for offside, high stick or hand pass and he just has straight up no idea what happened lol

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't know why so many people complain about Jack... I think he's excellent.

Singh annoys me. He mixes up players all the time and he often has no idea what just happened with the play. At least 2-3 times per game there is a whistle for offside, high stick or hand pass and he just has straight up no idea what happened lol
Unpopular opinion but I thought Kevin Quinn was better. He and Ferraro blessed us.

But at the same time I don't really put all that much stock into who calls the game. If the Oilers and Canucks meet in round 2 you better believe there will be a lot of Canucks slurping if we get their commentators.

Reactions: Oilslick941611

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Yeah, and? As long as the Leafs are in the playoffs every other Canadian team will be secondary. That's just how it is.

The Oilers didn't get Bob Cole calling their games in '06 until Ottawa and Montreal were eliminated.
that's exactly what I said lol
not sure what you're arguing here

(ftr, they got Bob Cole in the First round in 1997)

Last edited:

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007

This is honestly f***ing disgusting, Sportsnet straight up hates Edmonton and wants us to suffer. Theyre doing Jack insanely dirty, one of the most tenured commentators in the biz can’t get a single game. It’s a joke. And before douchebags bring up the R word, look at Torontos old-white-dude exclusive broadcast club for Leafs games, they wouldn’t suffer any diversity on their broadcast under any circumstances, they’re straight up prejudiced media elites sending all the “diverse” people thousands of Kms away into the wilderness. Wont let them near prime time.

Honestly, I would pelt any Sportsnet executive with rotten vegetables if they came within 1000 miles of me, but they won’t. They’ll be holed up in their outrageously overpriced McMansion in Muskoka calling the shots from their home office. They are the ultimate scumbags in Canada, the absolute asbestos of the earth. Cant wait until someone outbids them for at least a majority of games next time rights are up. Horrible.

Reactions: BlackDogg

McBeastMode

Dec 29, 2012
Beside my neighbor..

fiKJ1-PiQ3eYm9YssP8ayg.jpg

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
Unpopular opinion but I thought Kevin Quinn was better. He and Ferraro blessed us.

But at the same time I don't really put all that much stock into who calls the game. If the Oilers and Canucks meet in round 2 you better believe there will be a lot of Canucks slurping if we get their commentators.

Singh is honestly a curse at this point, he rots the vibe and we lose more often than not when he calls the games. And he celebrates.

At this point, I think any true Oilers fan ought to divest from Rogers entirely. Switch to Telus or something, Ted Rogers ghost can suck a fat one.

Reactions: NeverForget06
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad