Pre-Game Talk: There's still another game they said..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
To fill dead space, Jack will be reading chapters 1-65 from the 3900 page tome of "In search of lost time" tonight.

1713464624275.png

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The Avalanche are resting no players tonight according to their board. Their backup goalie is starting, but that's it.

They've been playing some horrid hockey lately, they are probably looking to generate a feel good result before the playoffs. Hopefully we make life difficult with our C team.

Would love to see McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Nuge all scratched up front and at lease Ekholm - Bouchard on defense. Also start Pickard again, f*** it.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
The Avalanche are resting no players tonight according to their board. Their backup goalie is starting, but that's it.

They've been playing some horrid hockey lately, they are probably looking to generate a feel good result before the playoffs. Hopefully we make life difficult with our C team.

Would love to see McDavid, Drai, Hyman, Nuge all scratched up front and at lease Ekholm - Bouchard on defense. Also start Pickard again, f*** it.

That and they also haven't played since Sunday, and won't start until Sunday, so they should be fairly rested regardless.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet

The Avs like us are also way better at home than on the road.

Personally I don't think icing your full lineup to potentially flip the location of one game in a hypothetical playoff matchup 2 rounds from now is really worth the risk here but they're free to disagree.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Personally I don't think icing your full lineup to potentially flip the location of one game in a hypothetical playoff matchup 2 rounds from now is really worth the risk here but they're free to disagree.

The more I watch them, the more I'm convinced that they don't make it out of the first round anyways.

Everyone wet themselves with the Mittelstadt and Walker acquisitions, but save for the one game against us where Walker went off he sure hasn't done a hell of a lot. Mittelstadt is roughly a Henrique equivalent that skates a little faster, but is much more perimeter and much softer (that deal is starting to look bad for the Avs already). They simply don't have a lot of depth.

We saw first hand what playing the Jets in the playoffs is like when you have a one line team and Helleyuck is hot. Avalanche are starting to wander into the same territory and it doesn't make it any easier that their second best player is probably still out there with his brains semi-scrambled by the Ekholm hit.

Goaltending - Jets
Depth - Jets
Size - Jets
Physicality - Jets
Top end talent - Avalanche

For the Avalanche to win Mackinnon, Rantanen and Makar have to absolutely go off. They lose the matchup in every other part of the game.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004

I agree.
Of course part time Jack wants to maximise his storytime audience so he needs to play up the importance somehow.

The Arizona game was bad enough on its own but coupled with Jacks storytime priority I found myself fast forwarding a lot more than usual. I probably only watched 30 minutes of the actual game. I just couldnt stand listening to the brutal Louie and Jack drivel and watch a brutal game at the same time.
If I wasnt so interested in seeing how the Condor players look I wouldnt even bother watching tonight.

I seriously cant wait for Sportsnet to lose the broadcasting rights to NHL games.
That will be a happy day.

Last edited:

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Hope we win, I hate these guys. But who knows what kind of roster each team ices. Someone just step up and make your mark please

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
Definitely a nothing game but I don’t believe stumbling into the playoffs is a good look. Whoever dresses better come to play.

Reactions: midnightcopper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad