Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Dano on Dano crime
A106077A-3D27-47AA-AFBD-AECFAA80EE0A.jpeg

Shame that Paul Dano didn’t even get an Oscar nomination for this movie

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
You’re going to ignore this guy’s shirt?

View attachment 780988

That’s some high quality Chinese bootleg merch.

View attachment 780991
I didn’t even notice what that was until you blew it up lol. Not sure if the eyes are just aging faster than the rest of me or if that’s my far sightedness with astigmatism!:sarcasm:

Marty’s mask dude looked like he was wearing a cape when I saw him on the telecast after one of the goals, but that’s clearly either a Devils flag or maybe a Canadian flag? Hard to see. I’m sure someone else will have no problem being able to decipher what that is.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This would be a pretty big victory or even just a point. Especially with how hot we’ve been lately it seems everyone else has also been collecting points, even if not at the rate we’ve been.

Not trying to look too far ahead but after the next two games which are pretty tough, we have some pretty winnable games through the end of the month, with both Edmonton and Boston again outside of those.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Really want to see Meier-McLeod-Holtz today. Put Mercer on 4th line
I think after McLeod playing up the lineup and spreading his wings in terms of trying to create offense (and sometimes getting in trouble doing so) Ruff is trying to get McLeod back to playing more of a defensive grinder game.

Surprisingly Holtz has come a long way in that dept, but still, Ruff is not going to deploy Holtz in the heavy defensive situations that he wants to deploy McLeod in.

Reactions: My3Sons

OlfactoryHughes

Aug 8, 2007
Northern California
I think after McLeod playing up the lineup and spreading his wings in terms of trying to create offense (and sometimes getting in trouble doing so) Ruff is trying to get McLeod back to playing more of a defensive grinder game.

Surprisingly Holtz has come a long way in that dept, but still, Ruff is not going to deploy Holtz in the heavy defensive situations that he wants to deploy McLeod in
I think this is more about finding a line timo can thrive on. Still has lots of offensive potential, but just more of a north south line then you’ll get with Jack or Nico/bratt…

this lineup doesn’t really have a shutdown line, outside of Nico shutting down whoever he plays against.

theoptimist

Trade Siegenthaler
Apr 22, 2014
Atlanta, Georgia

Surprisingly Holtz has come a long way in that dept, but still, Ruff is not going to deploy Holtz in the heavy defensive situations that he wants to deploy McLeod in.

I don't mind McLeod trying for offense. He is suitable for 3C and I'd rather see if Mercer/Lazar can hold down 4C. On their wing, Smith. I'd rather Smith than Bastian on the 4th line.

Reactions: My3Sons

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
The powerplay is 1 for 7 on this trip with 1 shorthanded goal given up against. So it's basically a +/-0 in 3 games. You figure it's gotta get a goal today or 2 if it continues to be the best in the NHL. That means they need to draw some penalties. The Devils actually didn't take 2
A penalty at all yesterday which is good to see. If they can play like they did in the 2nd and 3rd than it should be a good one. Can't have another 1st period slow start , Draisaitl and MDavid are hot again. 4th game in 6 days for us , a win would be huge.

Hopefully we role the same lineup with Schmid in goal.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I think this is more about finding a line timo can thrive on. Still has lots of offensive potential, but just more of a north south line then you’ll get with Jack or Nico/bratt…

this lineup doesn’t really have a shutdown line, outside of Nico shutting down whoever he plays against.
But what teams have a defensive line as good as Nico's?

Then to back it up with a McLeod 4th line, that might not get tough competition, but will get a ton of d-zone and other situation duties.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't mind McLeod trying for offense. He is suitable for 3C and I'd rather see if Mercer/Lazar can hold down 4C. On their wing, Smith. I'd rather Smith than Bastian on the 4th line.
There is a push pull to this.

I bet Ruff and Fitz love seeing McLeod expand his game, but when he starts making mistakes because he is leaning offensively then that takes away from the core of what he is as a player.

So I think Ruff let out some rope on McLeod for a bit, and is now reigning him in again. I don't see it as a bad thing.

Reactions: theoptimist

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019
Land of Hope & Cups.
Says he was online last today, but he hasn't posted since the Avs GDT over a month ago. He's only made a few posts this season.
The timer ran out.

I wonder if that one Oiler fan on HF still thinks there's too many Jespers on this team even though Boqvist is gone.
All about the Daniils now, baby.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
The world of Devils bootleg merch is weird.

Super Hero copyright infringement! Fun! Nonsensical!
IMG_0547.png
IMG_0555.png

IMG_0553.png
IMG_0559.jpeg
IMG_0562.png

Stolen Fan Art!
IMG_0561.jpeg

For that Special Someone in a very Specific Demographic!
IMG_0566.png

IMG_0560.jpeg

IMG_0563.png

Meet the Devils! (Who are wearing a generic, not Devils uni.)
IMG_0557.png

And this lil’ fella. (Bonus points for the awkwardly placed logo on that hat.)
IMG_0565.png

Hockey Sports Fan

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
Connecticut
Really want to see Meier-McLeod-Holtz today. Put Mercer on 4th line
McLeod stepping up his game this year has made this kinda complicated. Honestly I think Ruff needs to start thinking about splitting up Hughes and Toffoli. I think Toffoli can play basically anywhere in the top-9, but Mercer has really struggled and I think he's holding the third line back.

But the only way to put McLeod back on the third line is if Nosek comes back or if Haula goes to the 4th line, and I'm not sure which of those are less likely.

Reactions: theoptimist
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad