Speculation: There was talks surrounding Galchenyuk to NJ

Aug 25, 2009
éal
That was confirmed today in Montréal radio station by Ray Shero himself. Said there was trade talks between Montréal and New Jersey involving Alex Galchenyuk.

Isnt it a bit... of a dick move... to go public with that information? Bergevin, who's all about omerta, will probably be mad at Shero for this.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
That was confirmed today in Montréal radio station by Ray Shero himself. Said there was trade talks between Montréal and New Jersey involving Alex Galchenyuk.

Isnt it a bit... of a dick move... to go public with that information? Bergevin, who's all about omerta, will probably be mad at Shero for this.

It's common knowledge that Chucky is available. This isn't on level with Lawton's scumbaggery.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Gm has no business mentioning player on another team is being talked about in trade talks. If true amateur move. Should get fined.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean... kind of surprising that a GM would come out and say this publicly, but this also came up in July or August iirc that Galchenyuk to NJ was discussed.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey

There was a report that Galchenyuk to the Devils was very close but Bergevin pulled back because he didn't think he was getting enough value for him.

I'm pretty sure this all occurred around the draft and the Devils turned to Johansson after. I wouldn't be surprised if the same package was offered to Montreal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There was a report that Galchenyuk to the Devils was very close but Bergevin pulled back because he didn't think he was getting enough value for him.

I'm pretty sure this all occurred around the draft and the Devils turned to Johansson after. I wouldn't be surprised if the same package was offered to Montreal.

I heard the same rumors. Bergevin decided not to make the trade because he felt Galchenyuk was worth more... whoever that trade was for?

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica

Aren't you pulling a dick move too by posting this on a serious forum that the GMs read before making trades?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Greg McKagg from Recrutes.ca is a bit linked with Timmins previously in his career and I think he has said that Michael Mcleod was in Timmings wishlist. Mcleod looks ba this year. I wonder if something can be made from there

tmg

Jul 10, 2003
Ottawa
. Mcleod looks ba this year. I wonder if something can be made from there

You mean the same McLeod that was injured in camp, underwent surgery in October, and has played just 7 games since returning on his surgically repaired knee? Yeah, that seems like a fair basis for evaluation. I suppose that’s why he was just ‘ba’. His season is too incomplete to finish the word?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Isn't this exactly what Benning was fined or something for? Talking about trading for another teams player

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You mean the same McLeod that was injured in camp, underwent surgery in October, and has played just 7 games since returning on his surgically repaired knee? Yeah, that seems like a fair basis for evaluation. I suppose that’s why he was just ‘ba’. His season is too incomplete to finish the word?

I wouldnt say that it is fair, but maybe and its just a maybe, some people have doubts or concerns over him or the situation and are more ready to pull the trigger

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
Greg McKagg from Recrutes.ca is a bit linked with Timmins previously in his career and I think he has said that Michael Mcleod was in Timmings wishlist. Mcleod looks ba this year. I wonder if something can be made from there

Yes Mikey definitely looks like a badass hockey player.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014

Well, Bergevin can go f*** himself for all I care. He should be fired already.

But I'm really curious about that deal tho.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Had to be something around McLeod. Him and Zacha are the only guys that made sense for Montreal and Zacha should've made MB pull the trigger.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00