Post-Game Talk: There was a game tonight?

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
OK. I stand corrected. No worries.
My point was merely a response. To the to claim that the Habs won ALL their Cups when there was only five other teams to play against.

I was not as condescending as you when I pointed out he was wrong on that call.

"Check it out if you wish"

Cheers

u made a point and highlighted 79.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
OK. I stand corrected. No worries.
My point was merely a response. To the to claim that the Habs won ALL their Cups when there was only five other teams to play against.

I was not as condescending as you when I pointed out he was wrong on that call.

"Check it out if you wish"

Cheers
18D49C80-79D6-4FD1-AEB8-51B2AE8D08E2.png

that’s condescending.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Before the end of the season I would like to see a game with Neal and RNH on the second line. I dont think they've been tried together before, perhaps they can have some chemistry.

I like it....can call it the Quicksand Line.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Let me put it this way... You would be screaming for justice if Tom Wilson made that exact same hit on McDavid. In fact, let's exclude Tom Wilson from this conversation completely since you'd obviously like me to.

If Any of the Habs hit an Oiler the same way Connor hit Kotkaniemi
, You'd probably be equally furious and want who ever dished the elbow suspended. I get he was frustrated. I love McDavid. I'm one of his biggest fans but that was a dirty play. He hit him up high. If Connor threw a hip check then we wouldn't be having this conversation. I just try really hard to not be bias about these types of situations. Maybe the replay on YouTube I saw made the incident look uglier than it actually was. I'll take correction and admit I'm wrong if that's the case. Regardless, I just value player safety.
Habs fans should be disappointed and or pissed of at KKs team mates. I look for the response from them. Not "Collie" Campbell and Parrots.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
So Montreal played Vancouver right before they were shut down for Covid. Now Vancouver looks like they will be shut down less than 2 weeks later. Does this worry anyone else?

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
So Montreal played Vancouver right before they were shut down for Covid. Now Vancouver looks like they will be shut down less than 2 weeks later. Does this worry anyone else?

Seasons not going to finish without extending it by weeks.

The real gong show will be the playoffs where whole rounds risk being forfeited.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Saw this over on Reddit:

Oilers with 10 turnovers in one shift that leads to a goal. With most of the guys that Tipp decided to start the game with on the ice to boot.

Reactions: Llamamoto

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Habs fans should be disappointed and or pissed of at KKs team mates. I look for the response from them. Not "Collie" Campbell and Parrots.

The fact that he was smiling when he got up and didn't even need to go for concussion protocol pretty much tells you all you need to know about that hit. It was late and obviously a bad play, but there was certainly some embellishment that made it look worse than it was.
The way some people are acting you'd think McDavid was in full stride and jumped off his feet to take his head off. I really doubt the Habs cared. Their player was fine and they dominated the game.

Reactions: TB12 and Faelko

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The fact that he was smiling when he got up and didn't even need to go for concussion protocol pretty much tells you all you need to know about that hit. It was late and obviously a bad play, but there was certainly some embellishment that made it look worse than it was.
The way some people are acting you'd think McDavid was in full stride and jumped off his feet to take his head off. I really doubt the Habs cared. Their player was fine and they dominated the game.
I recall Emelin took run at a young Seguin. Just missed him, but tried to lay him out. Chara immediately skated down the ice and punched Emelins lights out.
I hear ya. KK was smiling and not hurt. Conner missed. But even had McDavid landed that. Habs (until they got Anderson) have been known to be one of the softest teams in the league. Never having that player willing to send a message for the next guy who even tries that.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Was arguing with a Habs fan when they were complaining about Stephenson getting a hearing while Connor didn't. Once we got through the mud slinging it sounds like they've been victims of several head shots without punishment this year and it may be boiling over for them. Eventually he even agreed it wasn't even the worst one that's happened against the Habs this year, but they're just frustrated. Basically like all of us. The league seems to want to reward grinders or pests who step over the line by not punishing them and the leagues better players are starting to show the frustration with it and the league wants to make examples of them for getting frustrated by it.

It's Game Management but on a league wide level where DoPS mission seems to be trying to even the playing field between all players regardless of skill levels.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
Saw this over on Reddit:

Oilers with 10 turnovers in one shift that leads to a goal. With most of the guys that Tipp decided to start the game with on the ice to boot.

Back to back game playing a team that had over a week off. This result is not surprising.

Emotive

Oct 6, 2017
Was arguing with a Habs fan when they were complaining about Stephenson getting a hearing while Connor didn't. Once we got through the mud slinging it sounds like they've been victims of several head shots without punishment this year and it may be boiling over for them. Eventually he even agreed it wasn't even the worst one that's happened against the Habs this year, but they're just frustrated. Basically like all of us. The league seems to want to reward grinders or pests who step over the line by not punishing them and the leagues better players are starting to show the frustration with it and the league wants to make examples of them for getting frustrated by it.

It's Game Management but on a league wide level where DoPS mission seems to be trying to even the playing field between all players regardless of skill levels.

Very good post and I'd have to agree. These guys are professional athletes but at the end of the day are still humans and they are going to get frustrated at times, especially when the rule book is different against them. These guys have to deal with this every game on a regular basis. Look at MacKinnon's helmet toss the other night. I obviously don't watch as many Av's games as much as the Oilers, but I'm willing to bet he get hooked, grabbed, and interfered with just as much as McDavid and the league just gives the players free will to do that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad