There should be a fan walkout at one of these AHL games on an upcoming Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexSen

Nov 20, 2003
Schaefer..Beer..mmmm
N.Y. Orangeman said:
Not sure if this has been floated before, but fans should pick a Saturday and walkout of every game at the halfway point in protest... :dunno:

And the point would be what exactly? Not being rude. Just don't follow the logic.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
TexSen said:
And the point would be what exactly? Not being rude. Just don't follow the logic.

Obviously, it would be symbolic, but the message would be that we as fans are also willing to walk away from the game if you are.

Believe me, I'm not one of those who have any grand delusions of where we stand in the process (or where we should stand for that matter). I just think the image of hundreds of fans streaming away from a game being played would be pretty powerful.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Why punish the AHL? They're just doing their thing and doing it right for the most part.

caps

Feb 3, 2005
Southeastern VA
N.Y. Orangeman said:
Not sure if this has been floated before, but fans should pick a Saturday and walkout of every game at the halfway point in protest... :dunno:

what would be the point in that? :dunno: it's not the ahl players fault. i say walk out the first game of next season, every opening game, fans walk out after 186 seconds, (days of the lockout=# of seconds before fan walkout). i'd spend $75 on a ticket just to do that

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Hoek said:
Why punish the AHL? They're just doing their thing and doing it right for the most part.

Fair point, but they have strong ties to the NHL and in some cases are owned by the NHL teams themselves.

Also, they'd still be getting the gate from the evening.

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
Fan protest attempts like this never work. Never.

And doing it to the AHL? Why? If anything I want to see more Baby Leafs games being picked up on TV.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
N.Y. Orangeman said:
Fair point, but they have strong ties to the NHL and in some cases are owned by the NHL teams themselves.

Also, they'd still be getting the gate from the evening.

Doesn't matter. Those players never did anything to us.

In fact, most players are probably just as disgusted and outraged as you are, AHL and NHL players as well.

This has to do with management, not the players themselves.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
think/blue said:
Fan protest attempts like this never work. Never.

And doing it to the AHL? Why? If anything I want to see more Baby Leafs games being picked up on TV.

I agree completely that these things never work. It still would be nice to see.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
caps said:
what would be the point in that? :dunno: it's not the ahl players fault. i say walk out the first game of next season, every opening game, fans walk out after 186 seconds, (days of the lockout=# of seconds before fan walkout). i'd spend $75 on a ticket just to do that

but then your supporting then.. wouldn't it be better not to show up at all.. or protest outside for free? :dunno:

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
waffledave said:
This has to do with management, not the players themselves.

The AHL and NHL management are tied by a bond that is as close as you can get. And, in some cases, there is common ownership.

As for the hurting the players, would it really? Maybe it would embarass everyone a bit, but would that be so awful?

Again, this is not going to happen, but it would be nice.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I think it'd be pretty easy to do in Springfield with the team as bad as it is right now, LOL. Only a couple thousand in the house to begin with, and no reason to stay anyway. But they'd need to put up a sign explaining that it's not just because the team is bad.

Another idea for NHL opening night if it ever happens. Instead of leaving altogether just stay in the concourse or bars and watch the game on the TV's there for the second period and let the cameras and microphones capture the emptiness without the fans there rooting for the team. I think it'd be easier to convince people to do that instead of wasting their money entirely or missing the game. Take out a full page ad in the sports section to get the news out.

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
joepeps said:
but then your supporting then.. wouldn't it be better not to show up at all.. or protest outside for free? :dunno:

My point was that it would be great to have a professional game played where there were no fans in the stands. Very symbolic, with little actual effect, and very, very unlikely to happen.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
N.Y. Orangeman said:

Stupid. There'd be no point in that. Stop being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory.

caps

Feb 3, 2005
Southeastern VA
joepeps said:

hmmmm, good point, but then the players don't see you protesting. i think that by walking out during the game, the players notice, and it makes them feel like doo doo

N.Y. Orangeman

Mar 15, 2002
myspace.com
Captain Conservative said:
Stupid. There'd be no point in that. Stop being inflammatory for the sake of being inflammatory.

Excuse me. I'm not being inflammatory in the least.

Spare me the lecture, kid. You are not the thought police.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad