GDT: There is a game tonight

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
There's always so many weird bounces in this series from that double-deflected shot with less than a minute left in game 2 of the 2006 series to Wardo's goal to two Devils goals in one game off of backboard bounces in 2009.

I would give anything to have the Devils moved out of the Eastern Conference though. I really hate these boring snoozefests. We always dominate them in the playoffs but I still can't stand watching these games. Could you imagine Wild/Devils games 5 times a year? That would be exciting hockey!

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Holy ****, that dude is really trying to blame Ward for those goals? I get when there's debate on how he played something, perfect shots, etc... but 3 deflections?

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
And it wouldn't have anything to do with this?

It's a toss-up only if you believe Lack hasn't been given a fair shake here, which there may be merit to. If you believe Lack would play better as the established starter instead of a backup, that's fair. But we can only judge them based off what they've done this year, and the fact of the matter is, Ward has outplayed Lack this year. For every good game Lack has had, Ward has had 3 or 4. And for every bad game Ward has had, Lack has followed suit.

I'm not arguing about the statistics. Ward has played twice the amount of games as Lack. I think Lack should be given some consecutive starts to see if he can get into a groove. I like the fact that Lack is a bigger goaltender, Ward has improved his puck handling, but I think Lack is better in that regard. Also, he had a good stint in Vancouver. I think there's talent there, but he'll need some real ice time to prove it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad