Theo Fleury vs Johnny Hockey

Who do you think is/will be the better hockey player?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Theo was probably the better player but his personal issues prevented him from reaching the kind of career he was capable of. I think Gaudreau will likely have the better career in the end.

I agree with this. From what I've seen of Gaudreau thus far I think that Fleury was better at his best, particularly because he could bring an element outside of offence, but he had obstacles and I expect that Gaudreau will end up with a better career.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
lol at results so far. 8-4 Johnny among Flames fans. 24-1 Theo among non-Flames fans.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I'd take Fleury at his best because I loved what he brought to the game, but Gaudreau is a bit better offensively, and they're close enough as players that I think this will mainly come down to longevity and team success. Fleury played roughly twice as long with the Flames, but assuming Gaudreau stays into his 30s and ages well he should pass him. Some playoff success would help as well. Fleury was quite good in the playoffs but they couldn't get out of the first round with him outside of his rookie year when they won, which he wasn't one of the core players on. Some good deep runs from Gaudreau could put him ahead with a similar regular season. I'll say Gaudreau passes him, but I think it's a toss up

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Theo was flawed, although his off ice personal demons didn’t seem to have nearly s much of a negative impact on his time as a flame as they did later in his career, but he was a gamer. A true warrior with loads of skill.

Gaudreau is an incredible talent, but I’m sorry, for most of the playoff series last season he looked like he would do anything and everything to avoid physical contact. Fluery would go through a wall for you in a big game.

As a matter of pure talent, it’s a tossup with maybe a bit of an edge to Johnny. If I’m a playing a huge, high pressure and high stakes game, I prefer Fluery by a long shot.

Reactions: Foppberg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad