Post-Game Talk: Them(Carolina) VS Us(Washington) - Game 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
This is the first series where my hate for the fans and coach exceeds my hate for the opposing players and refs. Hard to hate their players because of how soft they are but it's always been easy to hate the people of Raleigh and phony tough guy coaches.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Hope the ice is in better shape than it was in game 4. If I had a dollar for every time Pierre commented about the poor ice quality and the puck bouncing during that game, I could retire. Pierre made no such comments during game 5.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Funny, too much “Main Boarding” Silky!
Too true, I've been to the Islanders and Pens GDT threads on their boards and it's like they get upset at calls and Caps players but there's some consistency. The same posters bitch for 3 days about the Ovy/Svech fight, say they should try to injure 8 and 19, then foo fooing calls for a Foegle suspension.
What is the matter with you? On this hand Raleigh NC. On the other hand Philadephia. There is no f ing compare. Hating people from Raleigh is like hating people from McLean.
Philly is 90 minutes away, hating people from Philly is like hating people from DC. Hating people from Raleigh is like hating people from Roanoke.

Reactions: JohnCarlsaurus

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Hope the ice is in better shape than it was in game 4. If I had a dollar for every time Pierre commented about the poor ice quality and the puck bouncing during that game, I could retire. Pierre made no such comments during game 5.

Seems like a huge advantage for Carolina so I doubt they will be proactive about trying to fix their ice, not that they'd have too much time to do much about it even if they wanted to.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
3-0 record in Game 6's during the last run.

Time to continue that trend.

While this is correct, even better is this: 4-0 in elimination games on the road last year. Lets not diminish closing out VGK in their house just because it was game 5. These Caps, unlike the Caps of yore, know how to step on the throat when its exposed!

Sep 19, 2008
Interesting read Brooks Orpik wants Andre Burakovsky to be his best self

In the most trying season of Andre Burakovsky's professional career, there was nobody harder on the Washington Capitals winger than teammate Brooks Orpik.

"He's on me," Burakovsky says. "Every single day." In fact, it's almost every time Burakovsky opens his mouth.

If the Capitals have a long practice, Burakovsky sometimes takes a treat to the locker room -- a can of soda. "He's all over me for that," Burakovsky says.

If Burakovsky is chewing on a protein bar, Orpik will sometimes grab it out of his hand, read the ingredients on the wrapper and lecture Burakovsky if there's too much added sugar.

"[Orpik is] always watching [Burakovsky] at the dinner table, giving him the eye when he eats bread," teammate Brett Connolly says.

:laugh:

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Seems like a huge advantage for Carolina so I doubt they will be proactive about trying to fix their ice, not that they'd have too much time to do much about it even if they wanted to.

giphy.gif

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Anyone have a pic of the look on Ov's face after he scored his ppg in g5? I recall it being a new look. Total satisfaction

Jun 15, 2007
I'm predicting a big win tonight. 5-2 Caps.

I get the feeling Carolina players would be "okay" if their season ended tonight. They've already way exceeded expectations and have too many injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad