The Zuccarello Appreciation Thread (Videos inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy*

Lets just say it was a little stupid by Zuccarello to accept it, he's worth at least half a million more. On the other hand, I know how he loves this team and organization.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
He's very effective. I don't care if he finishes with 10 goals and 60 helpers. He's just a better passer that a shooter. Really keeps teams off balance

Kwayry

Jun 30, 2011
Plano
His stare is better than his passing or shooting.

zuccparros.jpg

ponzu4u

Feb 27, 2013
Zucc's passing is fun to watch. He's got a knack for getting the puck through and a refreshing insistence on delivering the puck to the areas near the net where anything can happen. And you gotta give the man his dues, he might be the smallest guy in the league, but he's got as much piss and vinegar in him as any of 'em and more than most.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
He's been the best passer this season. That dump-pass against Pittsburgh made my brain melt.

Stepan, Richards, and especially Brassard, are all filthy when they're on their games.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
You do realise he was RFA.

He was, but he actually filed for arbitration. I think his agent was asking for around $2 mill. And the most likely outcome from arbitration would have been around $1,5 mill.

They ended up accepting Rangers´ deal. Pretty sure because he wanted to avoid the possibility of "bad air" between him and the organization that could have been the case with arbitration. As far as I know, arbitration is known for the gloves coming off, and the organization "talks down" the player with no mercy.

Zucc loves to play in the NHL. He loves the Rangers. He knows that this is his season to prove him self. If he continues this play the rest of the season, I think there is a chance for him to get a longer contract, maybe 3-4 years around $2,5 mill. In norwegian measurement this would be a HUGE contract, and one of the best paid athleetes in Norway of all times. Actually his pending contract is very good i norwegian measurement.

What sucks for him with this contract is that he turns 27 september 1 st, 2 months to late to be UFA. So he will be RFA after this season too.

TheNextDaigle

Mar 1, 2013
He was, but he actually filed for arbitration. I think his agent was asking for around $2 mill. And the most likely outcome from arbitration would have been around $1,5 mill.

They ended up accepting Rangers´ deal. Pretty sure because he wanted to avoid the possibility of "bad air" between him and the organization that could have been the case with arbitration. As far as I know, arbitration is known for the gloves coming off, and the organization "talks down" the player with no mercy.

Zucc loves to play in the NHL. He loves the Rangers. He knows that this is his season to prove him self. If he continues this play the rest of the season, I think there is a chance for him to get a longer contract, maybe 3-4 years around $2,5 mill. In norwegian measurement this would be a HUGE contract, and one of the best paid athleetes in Norway of all times. Actually his pending contract is very good i norwegian measurement.

What sucks for him with this contract is that he turns 27 september 1 st, 2 months to late to be UFA. So he will be RFA after this season too.

Sorry, but that wouldn´t be anywhere near the top in terms of being one of Norway´s best paid athletes of all time. One of the best paid hockey players, but not athletes...

Anyway, Zucc is playing great at the moment, and I really hope he can continue to produce. :yo:

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Sorry, but that wouldn´t be anywhere near the top in terms of being one of Norway´s best paid athletes of all time. One of the best paid hockey players, but not athletes...

Anyway, Zucc is playing great at the moment, and I really hope he can continue to produce. :yo:

Yes, of course I meant hockey player...

Wolfy*

It's just peanuts compared to for example some football players.

But if Zucc continues his great play I'm sure he will be offered a long term deal with the correct salary.

RangersHank*

Before i joined the board i told my dad who is also a Rangers fan that Zuccarello wasnt very good and i'm happy to say he proved me wrong.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
This is obviously just guesswork, but the way things were headed, AV might have saved Zuccs entire NHL career by scratching him and giving him a fighting chance again.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not only has he been the best passer on the team this season but he's also been much, much stronger along the boards. Zuke seems to have figured out how to angle his body in such a way that defenders either have to back off or take a penalty. I think he's the main reason why that line has been a great puck possession line.

Wolfy*

This is obviously just guesswork, but the way things were headed, AV might have saved Zuccs entire NHL career by scratching him and giving him a fighting chance again.

AV has a lot of confidence in him, and awards him with plenty of ice time. Torts didn't believe in Zucc, and never allowed him to show his skills.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
AV has a lot of confidence in him, and awards him with plenty of ice time. Torts didn't believe in Zucc, and never allowed him to show his skills.

That's not true--Tortorella played him over 16 minutes a game after he came back from Russia (regular season and post season): that's about 1 minute less than he's averaging this season. The only real difference is Zuccarello is playing on the PK now.

Pistachio

I love your mother
Sep 10, 2013
holtbypwned.gif

^ He's pretty good at breakaways. Too bad all the goalies in the league has basically studies his signature move :P

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
That's not true--Tortorella played him over 16 minutes a game after he came back from Russia (regular season and post season): that's about 1 minute less than he's averaging this season. The only real difference is Zuccarello is playing on the PK now.

That is true. But I don´t know if Torts would have had the same patience with him as AV did. The problem with Torts was that he benched players after making mistakes, juggled lines like crazy, and made it difficult for players like Zucc. Which just proves what good player he is, that he still managed to keep up his game.

There is no doubt that AV´s style fits Zucc better. He lets the good lines stick together, even if they go some games without producing much, because he knows their chemistry. IMO that´s what it is all about. Kreider-Stepan-Zucc play extremely well together, even if they don´t score in every game. AV don´t freak out if players make mistakes. You can see that Zucc plays with way more confidence and with bigger risk than under Torts.

I don´t think Kreider would have been where he is now with Torts as coach.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

There's a big difference between 16 minutes with Pyatt and Boyle compared to 17 minutes with Kreider and Stepan.

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
some stats found at

http://snyrangersblog.com/2013-14/2...-what-mats-zuccarello-has-been-doing-lately/;

In his last 11 games, Mats Zuccarello has one goal and eight assists, a plus six rating and an average of 18:36 per game.

Zuccarello had points in four straight games, four games without a point and then two against the Predators.

On the season, Zuccarello has 2 goals, 10 assists and 9 of his points are primary points.

He is also third on the team in shots on goal with 52 and third on the team in shot attempts with 88.

Derek Stepan told the Daily News that Zuccarello is and has always been a pass first kind of guy and that he tells Zuccarello to shoot the puck more.

According to Extra Skater, when Zuccarello is on the ice the Rangers have 54.2% of the shot attempts and 54.5% of the shots on goal.

Zuccarello is starting 29.7% of his shifts in the offensive zone, 38.4% in the neutral zone and 31.9% in the defensive zone

Wolfy*

holtbypwned.gif

^ He's pretty good at breakaways. Too bad all the goalies in the league has basically studies his signature move :P

What goal was this? Can't remember it, looks like a playoff game.

Hopefully we'll see more, no goalie can stop our shootout expert when he goes for the net like this :D

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
What goal was this? Can't remember it, looks like a playoff game.

Hopefully we'll see more, no goalie can stop our shootout expert when he goes for the net like this :D
Playoffs against the Caps if i recall ? (or am i so tired that i've started making stuff up...lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad