The young players and growing pains

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Growing pains:

CT_GDjaUEAEHMCf.png:large

Getting better?

Andy they still have a better record over the last 10 games than Detroit. That should be alarming if you are a wings fan. It isn't a dream. It is sad.
Is it "alarming" any time another team has a better record than us in the last 10?

We're very clearly getting better. The goals will come if we keep playing like this, and with the goals, wins will come too.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This team should be in the top 5 in the league.

Yeah, when healthy. We have had this 99% full healthy roster now for 2 games. Richards and Datsyuk instantly made an impact. Green is finally adjusting in. Only Quincey is missing who was good at season start. Still have to carry one mistake-machine in Smith/Kindl there.

2 wins in these 2 games with so far best possible roster. So yeah, let's keep that "should be in TOP5 in mind". That's what we are healthy.

But we weren't healthy in the first 18 games. So stop watching what we are currently on the standings or statistical areas from past games. We are TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM FROM NOW ON.

That graph can't show our direction any better, if guys will stay healthy. It's that simple.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Yeah, when healthy. We have had this 99% full healthy roster now for 2 games. Richards and Datsyuk instantly made an impact. Green is finally adjusting in. Only Quincey is missing who was good at season start. Still have to carry one mistake-machine in Smith/Kindl there.

2 wins in these 2 games with so far best possible roster. So yeah, let's keep that "should be in TOP5 in mind". That's what we are healthy.

But we weren't healthy in the first 18 games. So stop watching what we are currently on the standings or statistical areas from past games. We are TOTALLY DIFFERENT TEAM FROM NOW ON.

That graph can't show our direction any better, if guys will stay healthy. It's that simple.

Who says the team should be top 5? Julie? Ryan?

The team fougt hard to make playoffs last 2-3 seasons. Suddenly the team should be top 5.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

The team fougt hard to make playoffs last 2-3 seasons. Suddenly the team should be top 5.

Yeah, suddenly. Because at summer, we added some very nice new players which will make us a lot better team. Larkin, Green, Pulkkinen, Richards. It's big depth effect through the roster.

Can't wait to see the next 20 games how we climb on the standings. To be that TOP5 team.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

I do not know if we are top 5. But I would slot us top 10 if healthy. and doing what we should do.

If Tampa doesn't turn on the lights anyway.

we were 12th in points last season. and our roster just got better. 1 more win and we move up to 8. possibly 7th. Just add on to that. I fully believe we are better then the Islanders, wild, and the canucks and all the other teams behind us with 2 points or less.

Heck maybe thats just because our losing streak in march. Could have had an easier time with that. we were contending for the atlantic (1st or 2nd best conference in the league that year, I think) before march happened.

WingedWheel1987

Jan 11, 2011
GPP Michigan
The Wings are clearly capable of being a top five team in November and December. They are not capable of being a top five team in March, April, May, etc, etc...

The thing is, lot's of teams are capable of looking really good during the first 20-40 games of the season.

The 82 game season is designed to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Heck maybe thats just because our losing streak in march. Could have had an easier time with that. we were contending for the atlantic (1st or 2nd best conference in the league that year, I think) before march happened.

The Wings, after having played 60 games, were 35-15-11 (81pts), 1 point behind Tampa Bay and 6 back of the Habs after play on February 28th 2015. You're right.
They were behind on the Habs (102 points) and Tampa (101 points) with 93 points after play on March 31st 2015. They weren't in the hunt after March, that's for sure.

This year, I think they finish 3rd in the division, behind the Habs and Tampa Bay.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
The Wings, after having played 60 games, were 35-15-11 (81pts), 1 point behind Tampa Bay and 6 back of the Habs after play on February 28th 2015. You're right.
They were behind on the Habs (102 points) and Tampa (101 points) with 93 points after play on March 31st 2015. They weren't in the hunt after March, that's for sure.

This year, I think they finish 3rd in the division, behind the Habs and Tampa Bay.

Tampa is beneath them this year, it is actually Ottawa out in front of them and I don't think they will be in the end, though we can expect a charge from Tampa at some point. They have actually looked much worse than the Wings to date, but have been a little better lately.

I don't actually find Tampa that scary, mostly because I don't think Ben Bishop is that great of a goalie. Now if they actually make the call to go to Vasilevsky well that is a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad