The worst ever coach for your team?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
For the Jackets, it's simple - if you're ever talking about any off-ice position as "worst ever", the answer is always Doug MacLean. Yes, that really includes head coaching - after firing Dave King, he really did try to be head coach AND general manager AND team president ALL AT ONCE. And it went about as well as one might expect.

Aside from him? Scott "just keep piling on" Arniel.

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London
My personal worst for the Leafs would be Mike Murphy. Sandwiched in between Pat Burns and Pat Quinn...just an all around boob.

Stu

Nov 20, 2008
Raleigh, NC
My personal worst for the Leafs would be Mike Murphy. Sandwiched in between Pat Burns and Pat Quinn...just an all around boob.

LOL just no.

Under Quinn the Leafs went 300-196-78, not even remotely in contention for the worst. Murphy was bad but Horacek's .262 absolutely takes the cake for the Leafs.

NickLidstrom

Ottawa & Detroit fan
Dec 1, 2013
Umeå
Wasn't following either team before the first lockout, but since then it's been Blashill and a close battle between Cameron and Clouston. At least Cameron has the ridiculous run going for him.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
What about Larry Robinson? I'm not sure if he was ever considered a great HC but he won a cup and I believe the next season he was HC when they went to game 7 of the SCF against the Avs.

I clearly stated MOST. Larry Robinson could be included as the exception to the rule for certain. But the majority of the time that would be the exception not the standard.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
The Carlyle comments are laughable, he was the only Leafs coach to get the Leafs to the playoffs in the cap era, he had next to nothing to work with and made that lineup competitive. He just didn't coach for the analytics crowd because he didn't have a lineup that could win playing that game. Also had to suffer losing his assistants to be replaced wit Horachek (analtyics guy) who would prove how inept that line up would be playing the game the 'right' way.

Easily Ron Wilson is the worst coach, evidenced by his inability to land a job post coaching the Leafs. He routinely buried a young rebuilding lineup to ensure his own ego, Wilson was up there with the Kessel deal as Burke's worst moves IMO

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
:laugh: Classic new fan response

Willie D is bad but hes not even close to Laforge

Tom Renney was also pretty bad for the Canucks. He wasn't ready to be a head coach yet

Laforge hands down. He lasted only 20 games before he was run out of town.

IMO, Keenan was worse than Renney.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad