Confirmed with Link: The Winnipeg Jets claimed goalie Anton Forsberg

Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
If the Jets would have kept Comrie on the roster instead of waiving him he would also be using up the same cap space.

Chevy was attempting to be waive Comrie to the Jets taxi squad.

Had he made it, his salary would not have affected the cap.

Since it's clear waiving Comrie didn't work & the Jets are stuck carrying a goalie on the 23 man roster & with both goalies having one year contracts at $700,000, the question becomes is Forsberg > Comrie. If so

Forsberg

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.53.43 PM.png

Comrie

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.54.05 PM.png

Last edited:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Chevy was attempting to be waive Comrie to the Jets taxi squad.

Had he made it, his salary would not have affected the cap.

Since it's clear waiving Comrie didn't work & the Jets are stuck carrying a goalie on the 23 man roster & with both goalies having one year contracts at $700,000, the question becomes is Forsberg > Comrie. If so

Forsberg

View attachment 385069

Comrie

View attachment 385068
I realize that, my point was if the Jets had kept Comrie on the NHL roster the cap hit would be the same as Forsberg. Agreed I prefer Forsberg over Comrie. I think we will see a far amount of teams keeping the 3rd string goalie on the roster as the intended taxi squad goalies keep getting claimed around the league as they are waived.

Reactions: voyageur
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg
I realize that, my point was if the Jets had kept Comrie on the NHL roster the cap hit would be the same as Forsberg. Agreed I prefer Forsberg over Comrie. I think we will see a far amount of teams keeping the 3rd string goalie on the roster as the intended taxi squad goalies keep getting claimed around the league as they are waived.

The story is only a handful of days old, so someone should remember if another team made a claim on Forsberg below the Jets in waiver selection priority.

Pretty sure I heard somewhere someone did. Anyone remember who?

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011
The story is only a handful of days old, so someone should remember if another team made a claim on Forsberg below the Jets in waiver selection priority.

Pretty sure I heard somewhere someone did. Anyone remember who?

Edmonton did. Not sure about anyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad