Speculation: The Wings lead the league in 'sadness'

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
The "treadmill of mediocrity" places are a shitty place to be only if you're trending downwards/treading water.

The Wings are a basement dweller starting to ease in the pieces that will hopefully make them a playoff team in the future. I think this is actually one of the most exciting times to be a fan.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
4th from last gives you 66% chance of drafting 5-6
5th from last you have a 83% chance of drafting 5-7

If you are not bottom 3 bad, it's really whatever. The only thing that kinda sucks is if you finish 12-16th worst you no longer get a shot at #1.

I don't really think the difference between drafting 6th, or 9th, or 13th is significant enough to be "sad" about. Especially if it is at the cost of seeing improvements from the team.

It would be exciting as hell if this team is on the bubble to make the playoffs, even if they don't pull it off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
With the way Seider and Raymod are playing, I've become a lot more ok with us getting screwed in the drafts those two years.

Reactions: FMichael

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
I have a lot more confidence with Yzerman & Co when compared to what Holland had done his last handful of draft classes.

Same. Looking at 2011 and then 2014 to 2017 is pretty depressing. I still think that 3 full time top 9 players come out of 2018 but that draft for ALL teams does not look that great.

In comparison the 2019 and 2020 drafts each look like they could provide Detroit 2 to 4 roster players each. And the 2021 draft looks pretty strong for Detroit in hindsight.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Haven't seen this around, but it's a little bit grim. Detroit leads the league in terms of chance of missing the playoffs and not picking in the top 5. I mean, games are easier to watch now, but this feels bad.

I was far more sad about Red Wings hockey the past five years than I am this year. This chart is incredibly dumb for that reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad