Post-Game Talk: The Wings are full blown in the season of giving

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
Don't really care how 'great we looked', we only scored one goal, you aren't winning games like that.

That's Bobrovsky being incredible, though.

The skaters looked strong, the goalie was terrible, and Bob was great. Boom. Trying to pin that loss anywhere but on the humongous difference between Mrazek and Bob is just trying to advance narratives. Detroit was the better team 5 up and got beat. That's gone the other way for them this season, where they've been the worse team 5 up and won because of great goaltending, too.

As for why Sheahan's playing a lot even though he's been bad on the ice, I'm guessing his faceoffs are keeping him afloat as far as IT goes, at least a little bit. The team needs a third guy to take faceoffs behind Nielsen and Z, and right now Sheahan's it. Same deal for Ott, too. As long as they can keep winning draws at 54ish% they'll get the tiebreaker on IT.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Quality chances were 22-11 for Red Wings... :facepalm:

It was our best hockey at this season, when you count those stupid fumbles out. Mrázek lost this for us. and Bobrovsky was phenomenal.

I hope they can let this behind, and keep this team effort. This kind of hockey on long run leads to wins. They played great. I'm pissed off, but still, they played that kind of hockey I like to watch.

I too thought we played pretty well for the first 35-40 minutes. That effort level on a consistent basis will keep us in the playoff hunt.

Columbus is a much better team than we are. We cannot hand them soft goals and expect to beat them.

HockeyinHD

Semi-retired former active poster.
Jun 18, 2006
No one thought that Blashill would just be a Babcock clone and make the same mistakes he did.

The grass is always greener on a new coaches rear end.

Detroit just doesn't have enough good offensive players on the back end to mount a strong offensive system. Until that changes they are always going to look constipated when they have to go the full 200. When they can keep the puck out in the middle of the rink and stay on it with their deeper forward group, they are in good shape. They are and will remain terminally vulnerable to a decent forecheck / dump and chase set up.

And Mrazek making everyone nervous as all hell back there doesn't do anyone any favors, either.

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I'm over Tatar. The guy needs to sit for few games, his head is simply not in it. He is handling the puck like a grenade, shooting a mile wide, and just making really poor decisions with the puck. Almost every time he touched the puck last night it ended up going back the other way.

Sheahan was a black hole offensively, but I at least feel like he was in the right spot most of the night. Definitely should be playing less though.

I'd like to see.

Nyquist-Z-Mantha
Larkin-Nielson-AA
Jurco-Sheahan-Vanek
Miller-Glenny-Ott

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
I thought it was lame that the league's best power play didn't even get one opportunity on the man advantage and they still lost. What a kick in the balls.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
And if there's one team hotter than Columbus, it's Philly. Tough stretch on the schedule.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Why is it every time Tatar touches the puck, all and any momentum Detroit may have on offense immediately goes away? Whenever Tatar touches the puck the opposition always effortlessly gets it and changes all momentum away.

This team would be better without Tatar on the roster.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
This game needed Abby. A little sandpaper. Ott did well enough but the team just kinda fizzles. Get mad, mix it up, get it going somehow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad