GDT: The will Gavy play and can the Jackets sweep Connor, Leon & Co.? Game

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its kind of funnt that a team in year 8 of Connor McDavid is that bad. They needed him to put up that kind of effort vs the last place team in the NHL and still lost :laugh:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
HE'S. FROM. COLUMBUS.
I could be wrong but I have never heard Jack express any real excitement about being back in Columbus. Jack simply wanted more opportunity than he thought he was getting or deserved in Winnipeg and Columbus was giving him that. Maybe its just that they are in different stages of their careers but you hear Kurls talk and you can sense the excitement for the team and the city and how happy he is to be playing in front of his hometown crowd night in and night out. Perhaps Jack is just a quiet, more private, less rah rah kind of player but that doesn't change the overall impression of him.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Jack w/2G, 2A = McDavid w/2G, 2A; therefore we have our McDavid. :dunce:
Great, think we could get Edmonton to straight up trade their McDavid to us for our McDavid? Hell I would add in Gudbranson as a sweetener so they feel like they won the trade.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Trade Roslovic now!

If you’re a coach on the last place team in the league, up by 2 goals in the final minutes, how can you not just go back and forth with one of 96 or 86 on the ice (for the hat trick attempt)?

Reactions: NotWendell

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I was at the game and while I am (begrudgingly) on team tank I was glad to see the good guys take this one.

1) You’re just not going to lose every game. I know we’re on a bit of run and that’s bad but still.

2) I f***ing hated McDavid’s face after he scored his second goal to tie it. He had that Superman look like he could do whatever he wanted and I was like the hell with that guy. So good for bursting McDavid’s bubble.

Last edited:

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Certainly the most entertaining game of the year. 6 goals. Wow. Very exciting stuff. And I think McDavid is amazing. I could watch him every night. But I am now certain that, once again, the team will get up off the floor and compile numerous meaningless wins, blow the tank, and we will wind up drafting 7th. Then the mediocrity will continue.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I was at the game and while I am (begrudgingly) on team tank I was glad to see the good guys take this one.

1) You’re just not going to lose every game. I know we’re on a hit of run and that’s bad but still.

2) I f***ing hated McDavid’s face after he scored the second goal. He had that Superman look like he could do whatever he wanted and I was like the hell with that guy. So good for bursting McDavid’s bubble.

I know all the advantages of losing a getting high draft choices, but I still hate to lose and enjoy every win.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Ok so. Positives (I didn't see the game but I was watching the live updates and going nuts seeing us up 1-0 and then suddenly 4-0)...
  • Sell-out crowd (?), maybe convinces ownership and FO to retain some salary on trades...
  • Roslovic got goals and points - he was good? Maybe his trade value goes higher. (He's such an annoying player with these hot stretches where he looks good on the ice.)
  • Marchenko two goals, can't be mad at that
  • Giving up 4 straight goals but not losing is a sign of fortitude... surely, right?
  • Korpi played well again despite giving up five goals
  • We didn't give up a goal in the last two minutes
But please for the love of the tank, don't win any bloody away games thank you.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217

1) You’re just not going to lose every game. I know we’re on a hit of run and that’s bad but still.

2) I f***ing hated McDavid’s face after he scored the second goal. He had that Superman look like he could do whatever he wanted and I was like the hell with that guy. So good for bursting McDavid’s bubble.
My wife (who doesn't follow hockey close enough to know how good 97 is prior to today's game) looked at me and said in the most defeated tone "geeeeeez, he's really good" :laugh:

From the anthem, to the in-game announcers, kids songs and all the kids themed activities.. CBJ game ops knocked today out of the park IMO. (from a guy who doesn't have kids lol)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
My wife (who doesn't follow hockey close enough to know how good 97 is prior to today's game) looked at me and said in the most defeated tone "geeeeeez, he's really good" :laugh:
My buddy sarcastically goes “that kid might have a future in this league.”

I called his first goal. He gathered it up and I said “shorty here?” After the goal my buddy just looked at me.

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio

From the anthem, to the in-game announcers, kids songs and all the kids themed activities.. CBJ game ops knocked today out of the park IMO. (from a guy who doesn't have kids lol)
One of my favorite games every year.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Edmonton's coach:

"I know we mounted a comeback and we had some people that had some good efforts, but not enough. Too many passengers today for us," Edmonton coach Jay Woodcroft said. "And in the end, not detailed enough, and we were made to pay. We beat ourselves today in a lot of ways. … All credit to Columbus for playing hard. Certainly, we're respectful of that, but I believe we beat ourselves today."

:huh:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Certainly the most entertaining game of the year. 6 goals. Wow. Very exciting stuff. And I think McDavid is amazing. I could watch him every night. But I am now certain that, once again, the team will get up off the floor and compile numerous meaningless wins, blow the tank, and we will wind up drafting 7th. Then the mediocrity will continue.
Take the bright side. We could still win the remaining 23 games (46 points) and play in the PO. :D

I3LI3

Jan 9, 2021
Columbus, OH
everyone who is enjoying winning now won’t be enjoying it so much when we’re 3 points from finishing bottom 3 in the league with one game left in the season.

hate winning at this point in the season when really the only two things that matter is growth from the young guys and losing to better our chances of drafting 1st.

real thankful Anaheim won.

sickening.

but I do love the fact that it was well past a sell out today. we deserve good fortune. this can be a hockey town, absolutely.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Edited: to be less of an ass...

I wish to vent about Rimer and it happened during this game so I am posting it here...

At least twice yesterday Rimer commented about how Jack Campbell hadn't lost a regulation game in his last eleven starts (which is technically true). But that stat is meaningless without context when a goalie plays for one of the highest scoring teams in the league. Campbell was statistically below league average or woefully below league average in the majority of those starts.

Of course Campbell didn't get the loss yesterday so now Rimer can claim Campbell now hasn't lost a game in regulation in his last twelve starts. I just think its time for a new voice in the broadcast booth.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I wish to vent about Rimer and it happened during this game so I am posting it here...

... Someone please tell me he is a Bally Sports employee and he disappears when they disappear. Have nothing against him personally but he has lost it as an announcer.
I believe he is a Jackets employee. Sorry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad