Pre-Game Talk: The Wild invade Ottawa, Tues. 7:00 pm on TSN

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Just got back from the game. After a promising start it was another disappointing 3rd period collapse. I know that the one goal sure looked like goalie interference but a lot of "supposedly unbiased" professionals are looking at these things & collectively agreed that it was not a goal, so what can we do?

This team desperately needs a shake up & my take on this is that they should try & move Anderson. Since I doubt the coach would get fired, that would be a huge move that would affect everyone from top to bottom & maybe it would be a big enough shakeup to smarten some of these guys up that their crap play has cost their goalie his job. If they are not going to make the playoffs anyway this could certainly help them to get a better draft position.

While Anderson has been a decent goalie over the yrs he just doesn't make that save this yr when you need it most. How often does he allow a goal shortly after we score? How often does he blow a lead in a game regardless that it's not always his fault? And how often does he lose a game in the 3rd period? Even if they don't move Anderson they have to start looking for an upgrade in net asap. If they plan on moving Karlsson this summer maybe they should include Anderson & see if they can return a really good goalie in any potential trade. He;s not getting any younger & it doesn't look like he's getting any better either.

Reactions: Alex1234

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Just got back from the game. After a promising start it was another disappointing 3rd period collapse. I know that the one goal sure looked like goalie interference but a lot of "supposedly unbiased" professionals are looking at these things & collectively agreed that it was not a goal, so what can we do?

This team desperately needs a shake up & my take on this is that they should try & move Anderson. Since I doubt the coach would get fired, that would be a huge move that would affect everyone from top to bottom & maybe it would be a big enough shakeup to smarten some of these guys up that their crap play has cost their goalie his job. If they are not going to make the playoffs anyway this could certainly help them to get a better draft position.

While Anderson has been a decent goalie over the yrs he just doesn't make that save this yr when you need it most. How often does he allow a goal shortly after we score? How often does he blow a lead in a game regardless that it's not always his fault? And how often does he lose a game in the 3rd period? Even if they don't move Anderson they have to start looking for an upgrade in net asap. If they plan on moving Karlsson this summer maybe they should include Anderson & see if they can return a really good goalie in any potential trade. He;s not getting any younger & it doesn't look like he's getting any better either.
Don't worry, next year Anderson will be great.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Not sure you can really blame Anderson for this game at least. I guess you could blame him for that one goal from the point that he didn't track, but the rest were tips and bang bang plays or pucks getting over to someone with a wide open net.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

He couldn't track the puck well at all tonight. Meanwhile, Stalock always seems to pull out huge saves against us. That shorthanded chance was a back breaker. Thompson or Pyatt score there, it would have been over.

Hoffman has to be better, as does that whole line. But for him to pass up that shot in the 3rd well...that is not what he is paid to do. Boucher mentioned being too fancy, and he hated the 3-2 goal, which was Chabot soft play along the boards. Sad thing was at 3-1 , team was looking good.

I saw a lady lose it at a concession stand, bitching about the prices and Melnyk, and stating that she has had it. Poor kid was just staring at her, dumbfounded. Ugly atmosphere and not many people tonight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not sure you can really blame Anderson for this game at least. I guess you could blame him for that one goal from the point that he didn't track, but the rest were tips and bang bang plays or pucks getting over to someone with a wide open net.

I know but he's our #1 goalie & he's got to be last in the league & how many times has he allowed 6 goals or more this yr? How many times does this guy get out played & beat by backup goalies? The whole team sucks, there is no question about that & there is plenty of blame to spread around, but if you don't get some kind of decent goaltending it's absolutely demoralizing.

He's suppose to be a veteran presence on this team, he's suppose to calm things down & it's just not working for him or us. I really think Ottawa needs to upgrade in net. Let's start with him & work our way out, Karlsson will probably get moved this summer.

Reactions: Tundraman

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
How often does a player sign an extension and then get traded before the extension kicks in? Anderson is not going anywhere.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He couldn't track the puck well at all tonight. Meanwhile, Stalock always seems to pull out huge saves against us. That shorthanded chance was a back breaker. Thompson or Pyatt score there, it would have been over.

Hoffman has to be better, as does that whole line. But for him to pass up that shot in the 3rd well...that is not what he is paid to do. Boucher mentioned being too fancy, and he hated the 3-2 goal, which was Chabot soft play along the boards. Sad thing was at 3-1 , team was looking good.

I saw a lady lose it at a concession stand, *****ing about the prices and Melnyk, and stating that she has had it. Poor kid was just staring at her, dumbfounded. Ugly atmosphere and not many people tonight.
Yea being too fancy has been a constant complain of mine for yrs but people like to see it when they dangle. I prefer crashing the net & was there another hit in the game besides the big hit by Paul? There doesn't seem to be any more hitting in the NHL, another thing they have taken out of the game. They didn't announce attendance again but I would guess under 15K again, maybe even less than the Rangers game.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Yea being too fancy has been a constant complain of mine for yrs but people like to see it when they dangle. I prefer crashing the net & was there another hit in the game besides the big hit by Paul? There doesn't seem to be any more hitting in the NHL, another thing they have taken out of the game. They didn't announce attendance again but I would guess under 15K again, maybe even less than the Rangers game.
For a guy who loves the grinders and hitters I'm surprised you forgot the 2 hits Ryan dished out in the same shift in the first

Reactions: aragorn

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
If we still had Methot and Boro out there we would have a hundred more hits. There are very few players that even bother to finish their checks on this team, we do look a bit soft.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

This team is incredibly soft and routinely pass up chances to lay a hard, clean hit. And yet Oduya gets plastered. I think it was 13,804, I read on twitter.

Last edited:

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
How often does a player sign an extension and then get traded before the extension kicks in? Anderson is not going anywhere.

I don't think Anderson is going anywhere, but players being traded after signing an extension does happen once in a blue moon. Look at Hagelin in ANA. He signed an extension with ANA in the 2015 off season, and was traded to Pittsburgh for David Perron mid-way through the season. It seems like something that would only happen as a consequence of things not working out.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
I know but he's our #1 goalie & he's got to be last in the league & how many times has he allowed 6 goals or more this yr? How many times does this guy get out played & beat by backup goalies? The whole team sucks, there is no question about that & there is plenty of blame to spread around, but if you don't get some kind of decent goaltending it's absolutely demoralizing.

He's suppose to be a veteran presence on this team, he's suppose to calm things down & it's just not working for him or us. I really think Ottawa needs to upgrade in net. Let's start with him & work our way out, Karlsson will probably get moved this summer.

It’s funny how Ottawa can’t see that older players get worse. Phillips, Anderson, Burrows. No, let’s extend all the 36 year olds for 2 years! Great idea boss.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Are people satisfied with the goaltending Ottawa has been getting from the tandem of Anderson & Condon this yr?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
For a guy who loves the grinders and hitters I'm surprised you forgot the 2 hits Ryan dished out in the same shift in the first
Good point, I did forget about those two which were good hits. The Paul hit stood out because it was really loud & the fans all gasped & gave a big cheer afterwards & he got the puck.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
No sense dreaming of playoffs it's over and I'm personally fed up! There is no real good option but I'm ready to give Condon the net win or lose. Lets see what we really have. Anderson can be the 2nd night or the 3rd in 4 backup when Condon is tired for a while.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It’s fine to rag on goaltending, but can we also acknowledge that our blueline is f***ing terrible?

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I'm pretty sure we're ready to acknowledge our whole team is ****ing terrible.
Honestly, they are not terrible. They are just weak willed. I am quite disappointed with Duchene, I was expecting more for what we traded to get him. If he walks away from Ottawa I am going to troll him on Twitter for a year.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad