Pre-Game Talk: The week we lost our captain - FLA / DAL / @ARZ

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The jinx was real. All those positive Avs threads on main board hyping up the Avs. This was bound to happen

Thepoolmaster

Dec 3, 2011
Take any teams 2nd and 3rd best forwards away and their offense is going to look atrocious too. Let's see if Jost can step up.

I like the idea of Kadri with Mack. He would play the Landy role like others have said. Essentially being the center on the line while Mack can dominate on the rush.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004

So they are trying Kadri on the wing? I assume he'll be taking the draws on the line.

I like this. Stylistically, Kadri and Donskoi are probably the closest we have to Landy and Rantanen. Mack will have to go into beast mode though to make up for that loss in talent level.

Burakovsky-Jost-Compher, I don't hate it. Jost and Compher obviously have some chemistry.

Our 4th line is now our 3rd line. Basically an "elite" 4th line is now a below average 3rd line.

The new 4th line; good prove it time for Kamenev. Please don't call up Dries...

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
aaaaand we're back to a one line team. Really don't understand why they didn't keep Kadri on the second line with Donskoi and move Burakovki up and go duos. That second line looks awful.

Hoping for a Kaut callup, expecting Megna.

Probably too early for NJ to make a decision but now would be a damn good time to go get Hall. Landeskog's injury sounds like it's going to be a while.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I'd like to see

Donskoi-MacKinnon-Kadri
Burakovsky-MacKinnon-Compher
Nieto-Bellemare-Calvert
Nichushkin-Kamenev-MacKinnon

If we could just clone Nate like I cloned my Feraligator in the original Pokémon gold... :sarcasm:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

So they are trying Kadri on the wing? I assume he'll be taking the draws on the line.

tenor.gif

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

That lineup looks really familiar..

Top line, a third line, and two 4th lines.

I don't know if that makes me feel better or worse? That type of team made it into the playoffs (barely) with worse goaltending, but with Mikko instead of Don.

Bednar rN; "**** **** **** ****"

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
There are a few keys to surviving this stretch in my mind:

The new second line: Can they be a legit threat every game.

Grubauer: His play can not afford to drop off with the injuries mounting.

Makar: The Avs now need the Makar that played against the Ducks. The player that breaks down defences with speed and IQ and creates offence for his teammates.

MacK: Can he elevate his play even more? MacK is probably going to have to put the team on his back for some of these upcoming games.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Makar: The Avs now need the Makar that played against the Ducks. The player that breaks down defences with speed and IQ and creates offence for his teammates.

MacK: Can he elevate his play even more? MacK is probably going to have to put the team on his back for some of these upcoming games.

Or... we count on a player from the AHL who hasn't scored a point to lead us to the promised land. :nod:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Or... we count on a player from the AHL who hasn't scored a point to lead us to the promised land. :nod:

Hey, didn't Kirk do like nothing in the AHL?

It really does not end well when MacK thinks like that. Probably why Bedsy is loading up his line. MacK respects Kadri and will work with him. I don't think there is another forward on this team MacK wouldn't stop passing to after a shift or two.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Well Kam...there is your chance of showing you should be in the lineup every game.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
Mack is only a C in name. Landy took all the draws and the defensive responsibilities on that line. Now Kadri is doing it.

I would say it's probably more 29/91/72.

Burkie with Jost and JTC sounds awful

This is probably one of the most key points to make. We basically just lost our #1 center... yeah this is going to be rough.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
The Landeskog injury is hopefully why his play has been awful lately. With him out I think we only win one out of three this week. Too many players, playing too high up to win against hungry team.

Hopefully? Yeah, cause Landy is known to play like shit on a normal basis... I'll bet it's the soul reason why.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

He was good in the preseason and probably deserves it over some others. :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad