Pre-Game Talk: The Week of.... wait... NO GAMES TILL WEDNESDAY?!?! WTH?!?!

How many points do the Avs get this week? B2B LA, NJ, then Saturday vs Canes

Votes: 25 40.3%

Votes: 11 17.7%

Votes: 20 32.3%

Votes: 3 4.8%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.6%

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sorely underrated film. I have a buddy who absolutely LOVED that movie when it came out. He insisted I see it. I didn't love it quite as much as he did, but he was right.
It was just such a perfect homage to the 50s monster movies. Irreverent, borderline self-aware, campy but in a good way. And the cast bought in and ran with it. Saw they had made several sequels and tried to watch one on TV the other night...let's just say lightning in a bottle was not caught.

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
I don't know about you guys, but I would rest basically our whole team against LA so they are fresh for the second half of the B2B :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tweaky and Murzu

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
I don't know about you guys, but I would rest basically our whole team against LA so they are fresh for the second half of the B2B :sarcasm:
I'm in the beat the shit out of LA camp and watch them fall into the WC2 slot and watch Vegas have to go through Edmonton and Calgary.

Rip Checked the standings we probably need to give them a win for that scenario to happen they are falling hard.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Nope, definitely not.

I'd rather beat them and potentially have them as a WC2 team at this point. They're pretty beat up, with highly questionable goaltending, and a largely inexperienced team(Kopitar notwithstanding).

Let Vegas get 3rd in the Pacific and let Calgary and Vegas kick the shit out of each other in the 2nd round.

Reactions: Grigowski

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Loved this bit from DGB at the Athletic: The West is chaos (but fun), the Leafs are good (but maybe not good enough) and the Red Wings are confusing

1. Colorado Avalanche (52-14-6, +74) — We touched on it up above, but Darcy Kuemper started the season with a .904 save percentage in October and .901 in November. Since then, he’s gone .922 in December, .928 in January, .938 in February, .940 in March, and a tidy .948 through three games in April. I’m not trying to give away the ending here, but if he’s red hot in the playoffs then the Avs are pretty close to unbeatable, no?​
Love seeing DK getting some love.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Whoever has a "maintenance day" shouldn't be playing this week IMO. So Devon Toews can come out of the lineup for EJ and Logan O'Connor can come out for Kurt McDerp.

Polite HKYDiscussion

Jul 29, 2021

W W W

Avs don't know how to do anything else.
damn-right.gif
kenan-thompson-youre-damn-right.gif
youre-right-breaking-bad.gif

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
What?:laugh: Why on earth?
Because, it embodies a complete era of movies. It does so with a cast that absolutely buys into the absurdity and the result is something that is so much greater than it parts. Also, in an era that continuously tries to question everything, sometimes, it's just nice to just sit back and watch a well made monster movie.

The Princess Bride is easily way up on the top 25 for much of the same reasons....of course, it knocked everything out of the park which his why most will not bat an eye at this ranking.

Reactions: BrickNHL

MacKaRant

Sponsor
Jul 27, 2021
Nope, definitely not.

I'd rather beat them and potentially have them as a WC2 team at this point. They're pretty beat up, with highly questionable goaltending, and a largely inexperienced team(Kopitar notwithstanding).

Let Vegas get 3rd in the Pacific and let Calgary and Vegas kick the shit out of each other in the 2nd round.

My assumption is that both Nashville and Dallas will secure a wild card spot. Admittedly, that is nowhere close to a sure thing. Dallas has been pretty inconsistent (as they have been all year) and Nashville's schedule looks pretty tough (six of 10 remaining are against more-or-less definite playoff teams including two versus Calgary and one versus us).

The Kings have the softest remaining schedule of any of the four teams competing for the three open slots, but do not control their own destiny if Vegas wins out. They look the most likely to slip out of Pacific Division #3 or Wild Card #2, given their injury situation and their current game played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad