Pre-Game Talk: The week of Extinct Large Toothed Cats, and Hurricane Nicole

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Posted this in the injury thread but it probably applies more to here: This is our roster right now with the injuries we have:

ERod - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - JTC - Kaut
LOC - Newhook - Cogliano*
Hunt - Maltsev - ????

Toews - Makar
MacDonald - Manson
MacDermid - EJ

George/Frank

*Keep in mind Cogs isn't 100% confirmed yet as he did leave our last game with a hand injury, though given his track record of staying healthy and no mention of him today I'm thinking we're safe with him.

And unfortunately we dont have enough cap space to actually bring anybody else up right now either. Unless they finally do the LTIR thing to get space which they have been making every effort to avoid so far. Either that or Helm is ready to go.

Wouldn't be surprised if they play the next game a body short and then do an emergency callup afterwards.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Posted this in the injury thread but it probably applies more to here: This is our roster right now with the injuries we have:

ERod - Mack - Mikko
Lehky - JTC - Kaut
LOC - Newhook - Cogliano*
Hunt - Maltsev - ????

Toews - Makar
MacDonald - Manson
MacDermid - EJ

George/Frank

*Keep in mind Cogs isn't 100% confirmed yet as he did leave our last game with a hand injury, though given his track record of staying healthy and no mention of him today I'm thinking we're safe with him.

And unfortunately we dont have enough cap space to actually bring anybody else up right now either. Unless they finally do the LTIR thing to get space which they have been making every effort to avoid so far. Either that or Helm is ready to go.

Wouldn't be surprised if they play the next game a body short and then do an emergency callup afterwards.

Cap wise, playing short a game makes the most sense.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
So what are we looking at?

Lehkonen - MacKinnon - Rantanen
Newhook - Rodrigues - Kaut
Cogliano - Compher - O'Connor
Hunt - Maltsev - Blidh

Toews - Makar
Manson - Johnson
MacDonald - MacDermid

Lol gross.
Probably looking at a game without a 12th forward to get an emergency call up. Then probably Blidh (thought I'd go with Foudy).

I doubt Manson and EJ will be paired most of the time together, but will when they shorten the bench. If it was me, I'd pair MacDonald and Makar, then Toews and Manson. Balances out the top 4 as much as possible. Then MacDermid and EJ can hopefully plod along for 12 minutes a game and not hurt too much.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Probably looking at a game without a 12th forward to get an emergency call up. Then probably Blidh (thought I'd go with Foudy).

I doubt Manson and EJ will be paired most of the time together, but will when they shorten the bench. If it was me, I'd pair MacDonald and Makar, then Toews and Manson. Balances out the top 4 as much as possible. Then MacDermid and EJ can hopefully plod along for 12 minutes a game and not hurt too much.
You know damn well MacDonald isn't touching more than 8-9 minutes even on D lol he has zero trust from Bednar. Somehow MacPylon has more trust.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
You know damn well MacDonald isn't touching more than 8-9 minutes even on D lol he has zero trust from Bednar. Somehow MacPylon has more trust.

I'm not sure he's going to have a choice in the end. The team is built around skating from the defense and just lost two of the better skaters. MacDermid might start ahead, but within a game or two it'll be clear MacNorris has to move up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm not sure he's going to have a choice in the end. The team is built around skating from the defense and just lost two of the better skaters. MacDermid might start ahead, but within a game or two it'll be clear MacNorris has to move up.
I mean he's had a choice to not overwork the top guys to start this season and his chosen to still overwork them, especially up front.

I think it's very possible we see Makar/Toews in the 25-27 minute range while Manson/EJ are in the 22-25 minute range even though they can't handle that.

There is zero trust in Bednar with MacDonald.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Can Manson play the left side because they should go with..

Manson-Makar
Toews-EJ
And whatever on the 3rd pair I guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad