Pre-Game Talk: The Week of Disappointment, Aggravation, Anger, Rage, and Apathy (Sharts, Queens, and Yotes)

Who do you hate more right now?

• CMac

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Mikko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mack

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toews

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Kingslayer

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • FIRE BEDNAR!!!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jamie Benn

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Wayninga

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
If we sell Toews we need to sell at high price him with an extension in place. Let other teams discuss with his agent first.

That way shit teams can bid on him since he won't be a rental (as long as he agrees to re-up with a shit team of course, but since he already has a cup he'll likely only chase money now).

@forsbergavs32 @SoundwaveIsCharisma @RockLobster

We need a new trade & free agent thread to discuss this stuff, this one isn't the place to do it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Landy hasn't missed a whole year so far. We've gotten to see him play. It's weird to think we might go a whole season without him. It's not the same team. They're struggling without him. Mack is stepping up though. If Landy can't play I'd say it's Mack, Nuke, or Byram that steps up. I've got no faith in Mikko, sorry.

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Not sure where to post this since there’s no more trade forums, but what about a Toews/Bennett swap in the summer. It makes sense to me, who says no
Avs, DT is worth more than a 2/3C. DT will also be eligible to sign an extension with the team trading for him

Reactions: CobraAcesS

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
That's not what you trade Toews for then. I think management and Team Toews are going to see what happens in the FA market this year and then have extension negotiations to see where things stand. Seems unlikely they come to a deal but you never know. With as crazy as prices are at the TDL maybe they are willing to go into the season with the option to trade him if Bo is healthy and settling in as Cale's partner and if some acquisitions or youth are sticking. If Behrens or a cheap FA can be a reliable 3rd pair guy for example, then Toews can be moved for a needed asset along the way or if they can get a great return from an East team maybe then you pull the trigger.
I was nodding along with this and then it struck me. What you are talking about is a scenario that could actually ultimately result in Toews being considered our deadline acquisition and he walks for free in the summer, just like Stastny.

If you are trading Toews for a center, you do so at the draft or early in the summer. You do not let this go into next season unless you are prepared to let him walk. There will never be a good time to trade Toews during the season. There will always be an injury. Someone will always be cold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad