Pre-Game Talk: The Week of Disappointment, Aggravation, Anger, Rage, and Apathy (Sharts, Queens, and Yotes)

Who do you hate more right now?

• CMac

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • Mikko

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mack

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Toews

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • The Kingslayer

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • FIRE BEDNAR!!!

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Jamie Benn

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • Wayninga

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If he pans out, you'll actually be happy when he makes the roster.

My concern is the chance of him not panning out. I guess that's why they are "magic" beans. Sometimes they don't turn into Jost.

Use it in a trade, or do everything possible to trade up to the top 10 then trade it.

Conclusion, trade the pick and whatever else isn't nailed down for a 2C.

Lost year

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Aren’t coyotes technically fake tough dogs?
Not according to the looks on the faces of the kids at the petting zoo that one day....Jesus, work on a ranch and sleep in one time and the kiddos show up before you do and all hell breaks loose. Carcases everywhere. Guess who got to work on shooting that summer?

M*A*S*H is always a winner.

niwotsblessing

May 1, 2010
City of Holy Faith
A6D2KJ.jpg

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Not according to the looks on the faces of the kids at the petting zoo that one day....Jesus, work on a ranch and sleep in one time and the kiddos show up before you do and all hell breaks loose. Carcases everywhere. Guess who got to work on shooting that summer?
Unless this is a trick question, I’d say you

Reactions: expatriatedtexan

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
Is this now the peak of JB career as an Av? I dont see it getting any better anything but the finals this year is a failure (mostly cmac's fault) but JB is going to take the blame

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Is this now the peak of JB career as an Av? I dont see it getting any better anything but the finals this year is a failure (mostly cmac's fault) but JB is going to take the blame
Bednar will not take the blame for this season. It's more likely he gets a Jack Adams nomination than him taking the blame.

If anyone does get blamed for this team failing in the playoffs, it will be MacFarland and his conservatism.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
as an outsider trying to do research on what avs fans opinions are of compher and what the rumored contract asks are, this was funny:
View attachment 664569

1678196766624.png

Don't let Compher's contract year fool you like it did MacFarland. Compher is a bottom six player in the NHL.

If he pans out, you'll actually be happy when he makes the roster.

My concern is the chance of him not panning out. I guess that's why they are "magic" beans. Sometimes they don't turn into Jost.

Of course I will. And he'll be a great addition to a team who's window has expired and they fuddle around in the middle of the pack ala the Minnesota Wild.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
As I've said many times now... I preemptively feel bad for whoever signs Compher. He's gonna get a ~5.5m AAV for 5/6 years and that team is going to hate that contract a month into the season. If Compher ends up in a place like Arizona (and I think the odds are high that happens), he might be passable during the times where they suck.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00