Pre-Game Talk: The week of a new year and more protocol?

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
We have complained for years about how bad the Avs have been playing from behind and it looks like it might finally be an issue of the past.
We also complained for years that they f*** up almost every 3on3 and now they look actually decent ... Pretty sure we entered the

twilight-zone.gif

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Predators game gonna be tough, back to back and Landeskog is sorely missed.

The preds are paper tigers, but yeah the back to back with travel and no Landy is going to be a challenge.

But IMO it's ultimately just a matter of time before the Avs pass them in the standings, whether it's today or down the road.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
The preds are paper tigers, but yeah the back to back with travel and no Landy is going to be a challenge.

But IMO it's ultimately just a matter of time before the Avs pass them in the standings, whether it's today or down the road.
Well we've already passed them % wise but tonight I would say.

Reactions: Ararana

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Avs crushed them at home earlier without Mack and with Jo Jo in net. Then played them in Nashville missing a bunch of guys on short notice in a game they shouldn't have ever played and lost.

Both teams are playing well. Will probably come down to goaltending, the fact that the Avs played last night and had to travel, while the Preds haven't played since Saturday, and that historically the Avs haven't faired well in that building.

Forsberg nets 2, Duchene 1, and the Preds win 5-3 with an ENG.

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Omikron is so contagious that probably everybody will get it according to this professor (Johan von Schreeb). I guess you would have to run it through google translate because it's in Swedish. ;-)
Katastrofläkaren: Ingen kommer undgå omikron
Wife is a nurse administrator at UCHealth. She said the exact same thing to me yesterday. Everyone is probably gonna get it because it's so contagious, and right now they are finding that 1 in 10 people have it and don't even know cause the symptoms can be so mild, esp. for vaccinated people. A coworker of mine had just a runny nose last week and no other symptoms. Decided to do one of those at-home tests, and was positive. Has no idea where she got it.

Reactions: 21

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Wife is a nurse administrator at UCHealth. She said the exact same thing to me yesterday. Everyone is probably gonna get it because it's so contagious, and right now they are finding that 1 in 10 people have it and don't even know cause the symptoms can be so mild, esp. for vaccinated people. A coworker of mine had just a runny nose last week and no other symptoms. Decided to do one of those at-home tests, and was positive. Has no idea where she got it.

Exactly, spot on, a very good summary of the current situation.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

This is not completely true though. I have been doing some more reading and analyze in this area.

It looks like a third vaccination-shot actually gives a pretty good protection against Omikron too. Not 100% but still "good" (much better than only having 2 shots for sure).

For me it's a total complete mystery that this isn't being emphasized more (the importance of a third vaccination-shot). The third shot is making a difference for sure (for a lot of people).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad