Injury Report: The Eddy Punch Clock Memorial Infirmary Thread

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I suppose Ferland will get a ton of minutes in Utica, and maybe even some pp time. If he can somehow survive the rigors of that league, then there's a chance he could help the Canucks down the stretch.

I think problem with him playing in the NHL to start the season, was that he played such limited minutes, nobody knew if he was still playing 'hurt', including possibly the player himself. In the AHL he'll take some hits and be over the boards for major minutes. I'm guessing that if the symptoms return, then that's it for the season.

I don't think you have been a spectator of conditioning Canucks. Their ice time is very controlled. They get as much ice time as has been prescribed by the parent and exactly under what circumstances. The object is to let then skate up to game speed. Stretch out their muscles and see how things feel. They might get some heavier skating in at practice. Anyone thinking he is going to get "major minutes" and mix it up enough to have to "survive the rigors of that league" is mistaken. I wouldn't expect him to take a whole lot of hits either unless he goes out of his way to encourage that sort of hit back because he will be matched up with the less physical players. Hell they didn't even give Bo a single shift on the PP.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Wednesday's game is at home. Friday and Sunday are short away bus trips. The 1st is an hour away and the 2nd 2 - 2 and 1/2 hours. The team will bus back to Utica after Friday's game and sleep at home. It shouldn't matter to Ferland because he will be in a nice hotel bed either way.

Incidentally, this is the stint I said was the best possible one. He gets 3 games in the 6 days, with time off between each one, but is inconvenienced by a couple short bus hops. However, he will spend every night in Utica unless they fly him back out of Rochester either the same night or the next morning (my recommendation if they decide not to have him return to Utica).
Probably doesn’t remain in the A past the Friday game. Just want him to get used to the speed of a game. Practice can only do so much. 2 games played in 13 weeks. Nothing for the past 8 weeks.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Leivo was supposed to be a 2 month minimum recovery up to 3 months. Got hurt on Dec 19. So closing in on 2 months next week.
Motte was a shoulder or something. Out for a while.

surprised they did not recall Sven up to replace Boeser.

Sven will never be called up. Publicly requested a trade, so he’s done here.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Probably doesn’t remain in the A past the Friday game. Just want him to get used to the speed of a game. Practice can only do so much. 2 games played in 13 weeks. Nothing for the past 8 weeks.

Probably. We don't really care past Wednesday. He won't play here after that anyways. Won't be a whole lot to see. Never is in most conditioning stints.

D-men show the most. Fantenberg was really good. MUCH better than any D-man in town from a defensive standpoint. That's why we chuckle at people crowing about the prospect D-men here and Cull and Co. are making them any better. A veteran NHL D-man as a mentor, a la Kent Huskins or Luke Schenn, and a coach who actually teaches theses kids something are both a must if you want to develop prospects properly.

DFAC

Jan 19, 2008
Probably. We don't really care past Wednesday. He won't play here after that anyways. Won't be a whole lot to see. Never is in most conditioning stints.

D-men show the most. Fantenberg was really good. MUCH better than any D-man in town from a defensive standpoint. That's why we chuckle at people crowing about the prospect D-men here and Cull and Co. are making them any better. A veteran NHL D-man as a mentor, a la Kent Huskins or Luke Schenn, and a coach who actually teaches theses kids something are both a must if you want to develop prospects properly.

Have to agree with this, the Fanta has been quietly very solid. I like him alot on our 3rd pair - knows his role well and plays within his limits

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
I'm not 100%, but sounds like collarbone.

I'm just messin' around - there was a false report posted (and since deleted) a couple days ago about EP being out 4-6 weeks with a broken tailbone. So getting unsourced injury reports is a bit of a sore point right now.

Timmer44

Mar 3, 2006
Van City
I'm just messin' around - there was a false report posted (and since deleted) a couple days ago about EP being out 4-6 weeks with a broken tailbone. So getting unsourced injury reports is a bit of a sore point right now.

Ah, ok. Wasn't aware. Feel free to delete unsourced reports. I just heard some news from a pretty reliable source that I thought I should pass on. Hopefully he's wrong.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
At the very least this latest setback means Ferland needs to shut down for the season....but realistically, he and his family need to seriously think about calling it quits. He has the rest of his life ahead of him, and spending the rest of that time on this earth with post-concussion syndrome is no way to live your life.

And although it might be premature, I for one am hoping that other 'heads will roll' over this signing. Whether it's the pro scouts; the team doctors; or the somebody--anybody in this organization; there has to be some accountability. I realize it's only 'money', but a four year contract at $3.5m and they may not get 10 games to show for it.

If you or I working for our employers made a decision that cost the company $14m, we'd expect to be gonzo.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
At the very least this latest setback means Ferland needs to shut down for the season....but realistically, he and his family need to seriously think about calling it quits. He has the rest of his life ahead of him, and spending the rest of that time on this earth with post-concussion syndrome is no way to live your life.

And although it might be premature, I for one am hoping that other 'heads will roll' over this signing. Whether it's the pro scouts; the team doctors; or the somebody--anybody in this organization; there has to be some accountability. I realize it's only 'money', but a four year contract at $3.5m and they may not get 10 games to show for it.

If you or I working for our employers made a decision that cost the company $14m, we'd expect to be gonzo.

Another in a long line of immediate flop high term high $$ UFA signings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad