Proposal: The way too early (or not) 2021 firesale thread

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
OK, not a ledge jumper but let's be rational about this. Nylander and now Dach both being potentially out for the season just set us back 1 year in the development road map. So to be fair is it really beneficial to keep Toews, Kaner, & Keith (maybe other vets) around for a bottom 5 finish? I would try to sell them on the idea their jerserys or numbers will be retired when the time comes and convince them a trade is both appealing & in their best interests. I think if you scout the market you will certainly find takers for all 3 despite their huge CAP hits. Hell you could retain 2-2.5M for both Toews/Keith to get more than a FRP.

Thoughts?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
OK, not a ledge jumper but let's be rational about this. Nylander and now Dach both being potentially out for the season just set us back 1 year in the development road map. So to be fair is it really beneficial to keep Toews, Kaner, & Keith (maybe other vets) around for a bottom 5 finish? I would try to sell them on the idea their jerserys or numbers will be retired when the time comes and convince them a trade is both appealing & in their best interests. I think if you scout the market you will certainly find takers for all 3 despite their huge CAP hits. Hell you could retain 2-2.5M for both Toews/Keith to get more than a FRP.

Thoughts?
Hey Malaga ... being rational I can't see how Dach is going to miss more than a couple weeks ( maybe a month ) of the season. Nylander's another story but not one that is going to effect the Hawks dramatically.
Stay the course .. see how these new Euros mesh in and see what happens. The worse is we get a top 5 pick.

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
Hey Malaga ... being rational I can't see how Dach is going to miss more than a couple weeks ( maybe a month ) of the season. Nylander's another story but not one that is going to effect the Hawks dramatically.
Stay the course .. see how these new Euros mesh in and see what happens. The worse is we get a top 5 pick.

My bad, I posted a tweet with a pic of his wrist. It was severely out of place and some replies indicated that kind of injury is definitely season ending. It was gruesome.

Reactions: crazyhawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad