TV: The Walking Dead | S7 | (NO COMIC DISCUSSION/SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Crappy episode. Makes me appreciate shows like game of thrones so much more.

Some gripes/issues:

The whole Maggie speech or whatever that was in the end. The filler in the middle with the ax, Darryl getting shot point blank last season but looks like he's just having a bad day, the tease with the arm when you know they aren't going to follow through, the ominous tones to signify drama, JDM hamming it up( felt like for l how cheesy diamondback was), the fact that Glenn died to set up the incoming Maggie/Darryl drama and of course Abraham's death which will now be constantly overlooked the whole season because Glenn.

Not the greatest show in the world but as this point I've lost faith completely that they could pull off this arc

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Seriously.... can't get over last night's episode.

They hit it out of the park.

I'm not sure anyone was happy with the cliffhanger, but they made up for it IMO.

(I'm not saying the cliffhanger wasn't "bad" anymore, just saying the way they hid the 100% spoilers, and the execution of this episode has offset it)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Maggie has probably had the worst of it throughout the series.

Lost her father, her sister and her husband. Thats pretty brutal. Had to watch it happen as well (except for her sister)

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
edit: posted something that happened, idk if its a spoiler still since the episode aired last night / didn't wanna ruin it for someone who hasn't seen it yet..??

I"ll post the pic later today

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Crappy episode. Makes me appreciate shows like game of thrones so much more.

Some gripes/issues:

The whole Maggie speech or whatever that was in the end. The filler in the middle with the ax, Darryl getting shot point blank last season but looks like he's just having a bad day, the tease with the arm when you know they aren't going to follow through, the ominous tones to signify drama, JDM hamming it up( felt like for l how cheesy diamondback was), the fact that Glenn died to set up the incoming Maggie/Darryl drama and of course Abraham's death which will now be constantly overlooked the whole season because Glenn.

Not the greatest show in the world but as this point I've lost faith completely that they could pull off this arc

Filler? It was Negan showing Rick who has the power now and Rick still didn't look at Negan that way until Rick almost cut Carl's arm off.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
You know. I was very sour about how they left the finale last season but they way they did this premier made the wait worthwhile...even though I found out who go it via the spoilers it was an epic start to the season and very well done.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
I thought the episode was eh. JDM was great but it just felt like something they should have done in the finale last season, at least killing off Glenn and Abe.

Other than shock factor and JDM with some great lines the episode dragged.

kmart

Jan 23, 2008
bad episode, one of the worst. they cut the final in half and made a special for "the decision". i got exited when they showed black/white flashbacks of every character. almost thought rick is alone now... that would catch me truly off guard, it would be almost like twd 2.0 where rick has to start over but no, of course they just played around the idea like the scences from cheap horror scripts.

then you have the guy with the bat... hes nuts, seems to know every detail of the group like he follows the show on a weekly basis and uses the bond in the group to his advantage. if you thought the gov with a army was strange, this guy takes the cake, i am a bit curious if they even try to make him more transparent... how did he manage to get that army ? throwing an axe to his enemy and turn away from them is not a recipe for a long life in the zombie world, especially after he just slaughtered 2 of them, it looked like rick could have easily went all in...sure he would die but he would have wounded him, he could have been mad after all that happened before.

the hole will breaking methods where over the top, this guy is a crazy evil dumbed down for the masses easy to hate character, sure the nerds love him because of comics or watever...
i think i just stopped caring after season 6. they might as well play russian roulette together, this is all the show is at this moment.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Seriously.... can't get over last night's episode.

They hit it out of the park.

I'm not sure anyone was happy with the cliffhanger, but they made up for it IMO.

(I'm not saying the cliffhanger wasn't "bad" anymore, just saying the way they hid the 100% spoilers, and the execution of this episode has offset it)

I guess they did, for most people perhaps.

Watching the cliffhanger was the most tense I had ever been watching any TV show I can remember, and it had no pay off....

Last night I casually watched, and I had 6 months to think things over and guessed they would kill Abe, then read an interview that hinted they would kill two people, so I guessed that would be Glenn. So nothing that happened surprised me or gave me much of an emotional reaction.

I wanted to be surprised, but whatever.

The biggest intrigue for me was if Rick would get his hand chopped off.

So for me personally I felt like they missed a huge opportunity with the cliffhanger.

If they had killed Abe in the cliffhanger, then killed Glenn in the season opener, that would have been way more epic and well thought out, and really caught people by surprise. That would have given me way more of an emotional reaction.

Last night I was just like, oh they killed Abe, saw that coming... oh Glenn's dead to, guess he's really dead? Bummer... hmmm, wonder when we will see that Ezikel guy's tiger?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I guess they did, for most people perhaps.

Watching the cliffhanger was the most tense I had ever been watching any TV show I can remember, and it had no pay off....

Last night I casually watched, and I had 6 months to think things over and guessed they would kill Abe, then read an interview that hinted they would kill two people, so I guessed that would be Glenn. So nothing that happened surprised me or gave me much of an emotional reaction.

I wanted to be surprised, but whatever.

The biggest intrigue for me was if Rick would get his hand chopped off.

So for me personally I felt like they missed a huge opportunity with the cliffhanger.

If they had killed Abe in the cliffhanger, then killed Glenn in the season opener, that would have been way more epic and well thought out, and really caught people by surprise. That would have given me way more of an emotional reaction.

Last night I was just like, oh they killed Abe, saw that coming... oh Glenn's dead to, guess he's really dead? Bummer... hmmm, wonder when we will see that Ezikel guy's tiger?

Just seems you are too hung up on the cliffhanger to be totally honest.

And that's not be trying to negate your opinion. Frankly, it's reasonable.

But as I said, if you remove the cliffhanger, which no one liked, and you just look at this episode for this episode, it was one of the best to come from this series.

The cliffhanger sucked. But to call this episode crap, or meh, because it should/could have happened 5 months ago, isn't really a fair view IMO.

Again, not trying to negate or belittle your opinion

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
Just seems you are too hung up on the cliffhanger to be totally honest.

And that's not be trying to negate your opinion. Frankly, it's reasonable.

But as I said, if you remove the cliffhanger, which no one liked, and you just look at this episode for this episode, it was one of the best to come from this series.

The cliffhanger sucked. But to call this episode crap, or meh, because it should/could have happened 5 months ago, isn't really a fair view IMO.

Again, not trying to negate or belittle your opinion

It felt like this is a continuation of the cliffhanger. Except they tried to over dramatize everything to make up for it. Then you have Rick laying on top of a RV for half the episode and that's just the icing on the cake.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's definitely a continuation of the cliffhanger, and that is still my biggest problem with this episode and the finale. They had to spent 15-20 minutes tonight on the first death because they bailed out on it last season and didn't show it. The episode was good, but we could have had a great finale and a great premier if they had killed Abe last season and killed Glenn to start this season.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
People need to get over the cliffhanger, it's done. Just pretend that it continued into last night's episode. Was it not worth the wait? I thought it was pretty intense.

Anyways, that was one of the more tense episodes of TV I've watched in a while. I thought it was well done - definitely rewatching once I'm home from work today.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
Heh, well that didn't take long...it wouldn't be TWD without some poo-pooing everything they do. Personally, I thought that episode was amazing, and while I didn't like the cliffhanger, I don't think this episode would have been as strong if they had done the finale differently.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
With the loss of two major characters I forsee starting to have an issue with characters that I actually care about.

Think about it. I highly doubt we lose another major character this season. When was the last time someone was introduced anyone actually cared about? Probably Abraham and co a few seasons ago. 5 and 6 didnt give us anyone new. I dont care about Aaron or Heath. Does anyone? Theres no attachment to them.

We need to get some new characters in strong roles with good actors (besides Negan).

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
By the end of last season I was intimately familiar with the characters and really cared about what happened. By the time last night's episode finally rolled around I didn't care any more. It's okay to build suspense from week-to-week but pushing it out over several months ruined the suspense for me.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Do you really care about any of the characters at this point? Early in the show sure, some were much better than others. Now any attachment to a character is just because they have been around longer. I'd love to see Rick bite the dust.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The show has too many characters though, especially with the introduction of Negan, Jesus, and whatever is going on with the Ezekiel guy. They needed to cull some people, and still probably need to kill 1 or 2 more.

For me, the three main characters at this point are Rick, Daryl, and Carol. Everyone else is either secondary or a background character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad