HAPPY BIRTHDAY! The Varly Appreciation Thread

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Was fantastic the majority of his time here. Too bad he's half bionic now. Glad he got paid.

Reactions: sethro109

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Thank you so much for everything Varly. I'm really grateful you were an Avs player. You deserved the Vezina and regrettably, had some tough injuries. I will always cheer for your success (except understandably against the Avs). So glad you got a great opportunity in NY. You'll be missed.

Reactions: Boulder Avalanche

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Should've won the Vezina over Rask, honestly one of the few moments I legitimately got pissed at the Eastern biased voting (I tend to accept and live with it). After that, I still stand by the issues I have of him including his mental game weakness, rebound control, and just uncertainty at all aspects in hockey besides that one fluke season.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Wish you all the best Varly. Glad you are getting paid. You deserve it. You made the Avs look half decent on all those bad years. Too bad injuries got the best of you sometimes. Hope you stay healthy and have a chance to go far in the playoffs. Just don't beat us in the SC finals.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
There was a thread for this before but Varly deserves more props for all he did for this team over the years. He stood on his head for a lot of games while this team was terrible. It's unfortunate he won't be able to enjoy the success this team is hopefully on it's way to having.

Good lucky in NYI Varly and congrats on the nice contract!

Varly Appreciation Thread

CB Joe

Oct 12, 2008
He got robbed on the Vezina and was the best player on the team during some painful years. I hope he has a great season.

Reactions: Tommy Shelby

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
Glad to see him go to a team that is atleast competitive in some regards. Varly was my favorite goalie his first few years in the league, he was fun to watch on Washington on those 2 playoff runs and I was ecstatic when we got him here. It's a shame injuries plagued half of those years but as others said he carried us through some very very shitty years. All the best brother.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
This thread needs Varly bacon gifs

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
It's probably been tough being a goalie for Colorado these years and Varlamov did very well most of the times before his injury issues started?

Talk about Lehner being humiliated in this trade after the extremely impressive Vezina worthy season he had.

Obviously Lehner didn't impress the management in Islanders enough or they don't trust him staying sober (?) they want more and they turn to an injury prone Varlamov, a veteran goalie.

Varlamov: 4 year $5 million contract (probably exactly the contract Lehner and his agent would have accepted)
Lehner: a 1 year contract $5million in Chicago

It's a very strange story because Lehner seemed to love life and hockey in Islanders, turning his life around completely.

Will be really interesting following Lehner, if he will be able to prove himself one more time. It will be tougher in Chicago though since Islanders is likely the better team.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad