The Utica Comets | Final Thread | THANK YOU, UTICA!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Keppen terrible turnover in the neutral zone in front of the Amerks blueline and the Amerks speed through the zone and into the Utica end and pressure but fail to get a shot.

Anas gets a turnover in the Rochester end and his shot is blocked.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Fitz a stop on a shot from the high slot.

Comets work in the Amerks end is turnover after turnover.

When no one is skating it's impossible to find someone to pass to.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
1st 3 consecutive passes completed by the Comets and Baertschi tries to force a 4th when he was in the right circle. He should have shot as the 2 he was trying to pass to were ahead of the 2 Amerks who broke up the play.

TV TO 6:21

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Dalton Smith tries to egg Arseneau into a fight and Vinnie won't oblige, but Smith dropped 'em and punched Vinnie a hard shot in the face and Vin went to the ice.

Dalton should get a whole lot more than Vinnie. Vinnie went to the dressing room.

Smith gets a 5 and a game and Vinnie gets nothing. That is quite appropriate.

5 forward PP unit.

Houser 2 saves in close.

Jasek a stupid one timer from the blue line right into a defender and it's cleared out. He had nothing to shoot at.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2nd unit out and the puck is cleared.

McGing fans on a one timer from a beautiful centering pass from N. Stevens. Cleared.

Comets back in and the puck is cleared.

1:50 to go and the Comets pressure has been nil. They can't even get possession in the Amerk zone and set up the PP. It's really sad.

Focht a shot and Houser makes a glove stop. His first save since the first faceoff to start the 5-minute PP.
Slow stationary passing and an Amerk steals it and throws it down the ice.

:30 to go on a 5-minute PP that has been 100% impotent.

It's over. 5 on 5. Amerks can't be fearful of committing a penalty having that PP to stop.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Period comes to an end and there's a little scrum with a couple pairs hooked up. The officials break it up before anything gets going.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
END of the 1st

SOG:
Comets - 8
Amerks - 9

I'm really of the belief those Comets shots were played up by the stats guy to make Houser's stats look better.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Comet top keepers have 1 by one 1 been removed fromthe Roster. Jon Gilles was recalled by St.Louis early.

Joel Hoffer went next to St. Louis the day after a shutout.

2 days later Mikey goes into the last minute with a shutout and Woo turned over a puck at the bluelines and the shutout was ruined. The next day Mikey heads out for The Worlds.

Evan Fitzpatrick and Will Cranley are the 2 left to finish the season. Fitz has been with the team since the start, but with 2 season s under his belt mainly in the ECHL the other 3 were going to get the games. He has had one start and relieved in a 2nd. Tonight is his 3rd game and 2nd start.

Cranley hasn't played a game this season and his last start was in 2019-20 in the OHL with the Ottawa 67's.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2nd underway and the McKenzie gets a breakaway and is hooked as he is about to shoot.

Comets to the PP.

Comets put the pressure on and Jasek again blasts a onetimer from the point, misses the net and the Amerks clear.

Amerks kill the rest of it off.

Fitzpatrick comes up big 2 times as the Amerks tip the ice after their kill.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Fittzpatrick flashing his Hasek as he is just standing on his head. First shot, 2nd, 3rd. Rinse and repeat.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets struggle just to get offensive possession and after an all Amerks period, Teves wrists one from the blueline at the left side of the net and McKenzie tips it to the right far side and it's ..................??????? IN!!!!!!!!!!!

G_____O_____A_____L

1-0 Comets

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
This team just can't stand prosperity. No more than scoring a goal, and they get called for hooking. Keppen.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Amerks shot from the slot and Fitz stops and holds it.

N. Stevens a short handed breakaway and for the 2nd time tonight the Comets fail to score on sh breakaways.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
McKenzie flubs a backhander breaking to the net.

Teves hits the post.

Vinnie is in the box. They have been attacking him the last 2 games and he finally gave in.

Vinnie gets 5-minute major for interference. That's a hard call to accept. Refs even up the single 5 minute majors.

If the Comets kill this without at least 1 goal I'll be shocked. 2nd best PP in the AHL.

Lots of movement, quick puck movement as well. Keep flubbing up when about to shoot. 2 blocked shots and subsequent clears.

Wide shot ricochets out of the zone.

2 more Fitz stops.

Board battle and the puck squirts over the glass.

Fitz a glove stop and holds on a point blast. Comets win the draw and skate it into the Amerks zone.

Amerks back up ice and cleared out again. Wide shot goes out and the Comets have a 2 on 1 and Baertschi can't get it across for a shot, but it kills the penalty.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
They have the defibrillator out for me. I've been shocked twice and I'm revived. The Comets killed the 5-minute major.

Reactions: Dave Lister

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Amerks continue to live in the Amerks zone. Comets not satisfied with any kind of success. Kill a 5-minute major and then go and slash to try and make up for not moving their feet. Cameron 2 for slashing.

1:49 to go in the 2nd.

Comets win the draw. Wesley skates around the net and throws it down the ice.

Amerks back in and the Comets block a pass and send it back down.

Amerks come back and DeSimone drops it to no one and its out of the zone.

Teves captures the dump and sends it back down.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Period comes to an end with 11 seconds to go on the Cameron penalty.

If the Comets keep committing penalties they will be hard pressed to get out of here with a win.

Skating is the missing component for them in this game. They are no longer fast as the fast guys are all in the NHL either in Vancouver or St. Louis. That doesn't mean they can stand around or coast and glide. The hockey stereotype order is "MOVE YOUR FEET".

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
2nd comes to an end
SOG:
Comets - 8
Amerks - 13

Considering the Comets had a 5-minute PP and had a shorthanded breakaway stopped that's a pitiful output for the period. They spent most of the last half killing penalties.

I'm going to take a leave right now.

"BLUE BLOODS" 2-hour season finale!

Hey, I have hung in there with this team for every minute for 8 seasons. I'm not skipping out. I'm just going to pause it. I'll come back after the show and watch the 3rd and continue to give my take right to the end of the game.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets still having difficulty making more than one pass before losing it. Comets 4 on 1 and Houser makes the save.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Murray was behind the defense but the pass went off his stick. Comets escape a breakaway against.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00