The Utica Comets | 2020-2021 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Play is ragged between faceoffs. However, the Amerks are registering offense off faceoff win after faceoff win in the Amerks O-zone.

Last edited:

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Man, Rochester is really struggling with the puck. Bobbling it and giving it away. The Baertschi-Lind-Jasek line almost capitalized there.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Sorry all us Canuck fans, but Lind reminds me too much of Virtanen. He doesn’t look like he understands the game very well, and is not in proper condition to keep up. He’s really young though, so maybe in a couple years he gets it?
I want to give him a shot at some point, but otherwise at the very least he has proven to be able to produce at the AHL level. Guys like him are useful to have on the farm.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
I've got to visit the Distillery when I get back to Rochester. It's right down the street from our old home where I grew up during my adolescent years through college in the summers (12-22). It was a neighborhood corner bar, kind of a dump. The Highland Grill. Pretty nice joint with meals, fancy bar drinks, and lots of beer. It's across the street from one of the best trailer style diners in the city when I was a kid and still is today.

If you are watching on AHL TV you have seen the ads and probably will see them all season long. Tell me it doesn't look like a place to take in.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Focht wins a draw. Mckenzie attempts a shot that is blocked.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Jasek shoots high. Woo a shot, rebound cleared back to Woo, then Jasek a shot held and a whistle.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Shot from the point through traffic that Gillies sees and holds on.

Last edited:

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Those who have been with us before will recognize Luke is the short cut for me to identify the Amerks goalie - Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Man this a game of whistles. Offsides, saves frozen, icing, high sticks, out of play, etc.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Shoot the puck Stevens. Dot to bottom of the circle and he's always trying to pass. Shoot and let the net crasher play your rebound.

Good shot by Baertschi.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Wesley chasing an icing. Is he playing forward? That's where he should be. It would make 4 lines!!!!!!!

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Rochester playing like shit and a shot from the right wing boards and it ticks off the post through a screen and it's 1-1

Another faceoof loss in their zone and that's the result.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Tucker walked, but the puck stays out. Not sure if it was a save. Replay shows he shot it wide.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
PP coming for the Comets with :14 to go in the 1st. Time for a faceoff win and a shot.

They have not been winning draws. Lind thrown out which is the norm for him. Rochester wins it a sends it down the ice. This faceoff failure has been consistent with Cull's teams since he's been here.
Even last season with the prolific offense the faceoffs were lost 3 out of 4 times all night. It really hurt a dynamic PP. Even the prolific scoring team last season couldn't win a draw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad