The Unveiling of the Official Fire Claude Noel Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipsix

Sep 30, 2006
Boston
How is it possible for an NHL team to fail consistently at gaining the zone on a 4-on-3 power play in overtime?

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Can we get the title of this thread changed before Pens fans find it... Maybe they'll take him off our hands faster ;)
Noel's problem is that he's not an assistant, he's a HEAD COACH. He was successful in Milwaukee. He'd be even more successful in Pittsburgh with all that talent. Hitch has been holding him back!
;)
(yeah, who's with me?!?)

plong123

Litebrite Stinger
Mar 3, 2008
OK, seriously. how does this man still hold a job here? WE HAVE THE WORST SPECIAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

Tonight's third period shenanigans made me want to vomit. What the hell is wrong with our special teams? AAAARRRRGGGGGHHH

Moo

Moooooooooooooooo!
Jan 18, 2008
Valrico, FL
OK, seriously. how does this man still hold a job here? WE HAVE THE WORST SPECIAL TEAMS IN THE LEAGUE.

Tonight's third period shenanigans made me want to vomit. What the hell is wrong with our special teams? AAAARRRRGGGGGHHH

We were up 4-1. Jim Day talks to him on-air, and we go downhill. :help:

Coincidence? You decide.

Swade016

Nov 4, 2008
Galena, OH
If Shero loves him so much, maybe we can trade Noel and our 2nd for Staal :)

At the very least this speaks volumes about Shero's competency as a coach evaluator.

BZArcher

Apr 10, 2007
Hilliard, OH
I will say that Claude did a talk in the HD Lounge before the game tonight, and I thought he was actually pretty well spoken and did a good job of explaining what the team is trying to do in PK and PP, especially in regards to attacking the net and working the outer areas of the ice.

He even owned up a bit for some of the issues lately, and was a pretty good presenter.

One thing he mentioned that I think makes a difference is that because of our game schedule, they haven't had a full practice day (as opposed to optionals, game day skates, or video work) since the All Star Break. I'm sure that does make it a lot harder to try and implement changes in what we're doing.

Fremitus Borealis

Flügelstürmer
Feb 4, 2007
The Slot
I will say that Claude did a talk in the HD Lounge before the game tonight, and I thought he was actually pretty well spoken and did a good job of explaining what the team is trying to do in PK and PP, especially in regards to attacking the net and working the outer areas of the ice.

He even owned up a bit for some of the issues lately, and was a pretty good presenter.

One thing he mentioned that I think makes a difference is that because of our game schedule, they haven't had a full practice day (as opposed to optionals, game day skates, or video work) since the All Star Break. I'm sure that does make it a lot harder to try and implement changes in what we're doing.

Lots of nice guys are bad at their jobs... it's nothing personal against the guy :D

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
First off, I never get to see the Blue Jackets play, as I am in Western Canada. I like the Blue Jackets, and hope they make the playoffs this year. Having said that, I wish someone would have warned us against hiring Claude Noel. He was horrible. Worst coach ever in the history of Winnipeg. He had no idea what he was doing, and lost the team a year ago.

Now with Maurice, we are finally reaching our full potential. I hope Noel was not as bad in Columbus, as he was in Winnipeg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad