The True Identity is Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Scarface*

So glad to see some posts here lately saying that our identity is back at last. That Toronto Maple Leafs hockey stamp/code that really rocked the hockey world back in the days. It's the only way to go with the canadian team that's still the most popular and one of the richest in the world.

Credit goes to Brian Burke, David Nonis, other personel and especially Randy Carlyle. Carlyle really has made it clear that his team fights for everything and that gangster type of play is shown all over. It's still entertainment. Nothing has changed since the time of rome and its gladiators. People, human beings still want to see blood and death. So it's an interesting thing to see this happening in toronto (again). Everybody remembers those past teams that had so many characters and hard players playing. Many people were intimitaded to play against those leafs teams. Ottawa sometimes cried. I'm just so glad it's back. None of those fool teams who play soft dollar made game can compete against killers. Already last season we saw that Carlyle plays with the best and biggest. He don't play no games.

I can't emphasize the word "identity" enough. It's everything. Remember that it still is entertainment. Even if a team loses, if it makes people enjoy, hurray, laugh and even cry then, it still delivers the most important thing in life: Happiness of enjoying the entertainment of time.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
last year for the first time i got to see Leaf playoffs

i mean ever since 2008... i finally get to say
the Leafs are a playoff team

member 147413

lol, I don't want to see blood and death, I'm just happy our team plays with emotion again.

To see the players play with as much passion as I have for the team, just makes me giddy :laugh:

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I get giddy thinking about how the toughest team in the NHL went and added Clarkson and Bolland. Season can't come fast enough.

But we lost one of the best up and coming pests in the league, and most tenacious workers, in komarov. So really we just added clarkson. Bolland and komarov's are a wash.

ShLou Foot

6-8-5-13
Jul 3, 2011
crusoed
But we lost one of the best up and coming pests in the league, and most tenacious workers, in komarov. So really we just added clarkson. Bolland and komarov's are a wash.

If......You sir, truly believe that Bolland and Komarov are a wash........I wish for you to change your username to Antrollpovsky

Razz

Jan 23, 2011
Mississauga

Yikes, I like Komarov as much as the next guy but... No.

Oh and nice post op. Credit to the management who have returned the lost identity of this team. The Leafs are built the way they should be. Toronto will always love the tough team more than a finesse team. Kudos to those that made it happen.

LeafsFIO*

Komarov would've been great on a line with Bolland and Clarkson but I don't mind. Put Tyler Biggs there to make it a real wrecking crew or put Jerry D'Amigo if you need speed on the third line.

LeafsAllDay

Jul 6, 2012
I love that this team has finally found it's identity! For the last 6 years or so we have had no identity whatsoever! Getting Clarkson and Bolland was huge! They bring experience, success and a gritty, physical, playoff style of hockey which our club has desperately been lacking fir years. The fact that they are from the Toronto and Toronto area respectively is a huge plus for a team that had been lacking local players and that brand of hockey for a long, long time!

Komarov would've been great on a line with Bolland and Clarkson but I don't mind. Put Tyler Biggs there to make it a real wrecking crew or put Jerry D'Amigo if you need speed on the third line.

Im pretty sure Clarkson was brought here to play in the top 6 and since Kessel is already set to play with Bozsk and plays with either JVR or Lupul on the other wing that would likely mean Kadri will play with Clarkson and and either Lupul ot JVR. Presumably the third line will have Bolland centring Kulemin and one of McClement, D'amigo, Ashton or Colborne

Can't wait til next season starts!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Why did a kid who lives in Quebec
Became a Leafs fan about 10 years ago ? Because I liked a tough and intimidating team who had Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Shayne Corson, Gary Roberts, Wade Belak, etc. Do I need to say it was realy painfull for me to see the Leafs get bullied on a nightly basis (pre Randy Carlyle) I just can't wait to see Clarkson, Kadri, Bolland, Orr, Mclaren, Phaneuf and Fraser go at it this year!

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Why did a kid who lives in Quebec
Became a Leafs fan about 10 years ago ? Because I liked a tough and intimidating team who had Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Shayne Corson, Gary Roberts, Wade Belak, etc. Do I need to say it was realy painfull for me to see the Leafs get bullied on a nightly basis (pre Randy Carlyle) I just can't wait to see Clarkson, Kadri, Bolland, Orr, Mclaren, Phaneuf and Fraser go at it this year!

Yep was definitely an interesting a entertaining time to be a Leaf fan back then.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If......You sir, truly believe that Bolland and Komarov are a wash........I wish for you to change your username to Antrollpovsky

Yikes, I like Komarov as much as the next guy but... No.

Oh and nice post op. Credit to the management who have returned the lost identity of this team. The Leafs are built the way they should be. Toronto will always love the tough team more than a finesse team. Kudos to those that made it happen.

Bolland is a far better player....it is not even close.

Did you boys even bother looking at the post that I was responding too? I was responding to iPunch saying that he's giddy because the "toughest" team added Clarkson and Bolland.

He wasn't saying anything about our team's overall skill, he was commenting directly about our teams overall toughness.

Hence the reason I said, Komarov and Bolland are a wash, in terms of peskiness and overall toughness. An area where I actually think Komarov adds a little bit more to the team, than Bolland. Where as obviously Bolland adds more ability to score or contribute to scoring. But again, Ipunch wasn't talking about scoring.. he was talking about Toughness.

I get giddy thinking about how the toughest team in the NHL went and added Clarkson and Bolland. Season can't come fast enough.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Bolland is a far better player....it is not even close.

Do not discount what we lost in Komarov, the good thing is (in my opinion) he will return in a year or so he just wants to work on his game, become more of a two dimensional player. He put up some good points in the KHL and he has the heart of a lion. Hopefully he will be back in a year and be even better for us. He was one of my favorite leafs last season, a true warrior.

Drennan57*

Honestly i just want to see Kadri and Gallagher fight next season.

It needs to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad