The Trials of Nail Yakupov

Status
Not open for further replies.

psowrc

Feb 21, 2015
Just like how McDavid carried Hall? How many points generated exactly? Yak is tailored made for McDavid just like Hall-Drai and RNH-Eberle

You need to clarify that...McDavid is tailored made to play with anyone. Yak lived off the avails of McD when he played with him.

Not sure how you are missing this.

Do you think if Yak was injured MacD would have gone pointless for 5 games?

Last edited:

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
You do know that MacD only played 13 games. Why are you saying that he is as only so good to play with Yak? That is laughable.

The first 3 games, Mclellan was experimenting McDavid with everyone. Yak was pretty much last on this list to play with McDavid. Some of us called it from the beginning that the duo would work and it did. It was instant chemistry

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
You need to clarify that...McDavid is tailored made to play with anyone. Yak lived off the avails of McD when he played with him.

Some see only what they want to see.

Sort of like a 'Blue Pill' Poster. :D

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

I guess discussion with you ends here. You probably don't even watch the games lol

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Who does Eberle play with outside of Hall, RNH, Horc and Pouliot?

Which one of those players has Yak produced with?

Ill make it easy for you...which player aside from McDavid and Roy has Yak produced with?

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Which one of those players has Yak produced with?

Ill make it easy for you...which player aside from McDavid and Roy has Yak produced with?

Hall, Gagner, Horc, MPS, Pou. You can't expect him to be consistent when he's being moved up and down the lines and changing position all the time. There's not a single player on the team that plays with more different linemates than Yak.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
The first 3 games, Mclellan was experimenting McDavid with everyone. Yak was pretty much last on this list to play with McDavid. Some of us called it from the beginning that the duo would work and it did. It was instant chemistry

I don't think it was that chemistry was had right away after Hall laving McDavid and Yakupov playing there, it was due more to the fact that McDavid loosened up and starting playing like he could. I will bet anyone on this board that if Eberle plays with McDavid, he will out due what Yakupov did with McDavid by a mile. We will have 2 lines that will give teams absolute fits. With the RNH line playing the way it is, you leave it alone, and there is no way Yakupov plays ahead of Eberle in the lineup. That would be insane.

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
Hall, Gagner, Horc, MPS, Pou. You can't expect him to be consistent when he's being moved up and down the lines and changing position all the time. There's not a single player on the team that plays with more different linemates than Yak.

There is a reason for Yakupov to play with so many line mates , the alternative thought would be that there is a conspiracy against one player in Edmonton (Yakupov) to destroy him, and make him fail. I don't know why you just can't admit that he is just not that good. He is on pace for 10 right now, and this is the guy who was supposed to be the elite sniper, plus has an incredible shot and one time shot. At some point we have to witness this or understand what he really is.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
He lead the team with most goals his rookie season playing largely with Gagner and then later with Hall.

4 years ago.

I don't even know how that's supposed to be a valid argument any longer. Perhaps he is damaged goods because of Eakins but fact is, he hasn't shown much without others carrying him.

Since Nov 3, 1 point. Nov 3, the day McDavid went down. Say what you will about line mates and what not, this player is almost as bad as Letestu when it comes to driving offense.

I see that he goes to the net a bit more now and almost gets goals...but almost goals is still the same as no goals.

A first overall player that was touted for his scoring abilities not scoring. You wonder why fans get upset

frag2

Mar 8, 2006

Hall went up and down the line up. Gagner went up and down the line up. While they didn't perform well, they still scored.

Not sure why you keep batting for Yakupov. He's just not as good as we thought he would be. He puts effort but no results.

Like McLellan says, he expects him to be more versatile than "I can only play with McDavid or Roy".

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Anyway, I was annoyed. Had my say. And they had theirs. Normally don't like that social media stuff (that twitter account isn't really mine, I normally use it just to follow/read). But it does give pretty cool access and interaction with people you normally wouldn't get to interact with.

Just had a chance to see the video today. Amazing job for finding the positives in Yak's game. We need more of this. The kid had good games and people still says he's invisible which tells me that some people don't even watch the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad