The Transformers thread (shows, comics, toys, all things TF)

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Now that I'm home, I found my local walmart selling wave 2 prime masters (alchemist prime and alpha trion) and the local boutique toy store had 1 deluxe figure (rippersnapper) but at a $5 premium over retailer price. So it looks like canada is slowly starting to get more wave 2 stuff.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
All 10 Episodes of Transformers : Power of the Primes can be viewed at the link below.

Transformers: Power of the Primes - YouTube

I'm hesitant. The 3 machinima series have not been well received at all. I'll probably watch eventually because I'm a completist and a masochist who has actually sat through much of the Japanese series.

Also in spite of it now being like 6 months late, I still plan on posting pics and reviews of the assorted PoP and other recent figures at some point. I've just been away for the last few weeks and always end up getting distracted. I'm also not totally happy with the pictures that I have. Maybe when I get home I'll pace myself into doing a few every few days and get some better pics.

I do now have all 5 core Dinobots. Volcanicus is somehow even more disappointing than I expected it to be. I'm not quite finished finding Wave 2, as I'm missing the 3 smaller bots (Tailgate and the duocons) as well as (by choice) Rodimus Unicronus.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm hesitant. The 3 machinima series have not been well received at all. I'll probably watch eventually because I'm a completist and a masochist who has actually sat through much of the Japanese series.

The poor reception is deserved.

It's nice too see the Dinobots combine into Volcanicus, but, Predaking and the other combiners are wasted.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Doing some shopping today as I return from my trip and found a Tailgate on an otherwise barren shelf at Walmart. Now it's just the duocons standing between finishing wave 2 (except Rodimus Unicronus which I'm skipping)

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
also if you have Netflix there is a good doc series called "The Toys That Made Us" They cover Transformers,Star Wars Gi Joe,He Man,Lego,Hello Kitty,Star Trek and Barbie

Vintage G1 Transformers Returning Later This Year - IGN
Vintage G1 Transformers Returning Later This Year

Walmart is going old-school, bringing generation 1 Transformers back from the 1980s and into the toy aisle later this year.

The US retailer announced Starscream, Hot Rod, a 6-figure Constructicon Devastator pack, and "Legion Class Figures" like Bumblebee and Outback.
As far as authenticity is concerned, the G1 Transformers reissues were made using "the original production tooling including die-cast parts and classic heat-sensitive stickers." If you don't recall, part of the fiction of the original toy line included spies whose allegiance could only be revealed by rubbing the sticker, revealing their Autobot or Decepticon badge.

The packaging, too, is a recreation of the original 1984 packaging, lending even more to the figures' authenticity. However, the Starscream Vintage G1 figure comes with a "Megatron-style blaster" so you can "pose out in the iconic 1986 animated film scene."

Last edited:
Reactions: Baby Punisher

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Shut up and take my money.

Definitely will be aiming to get Starscream and Hot Rod, ones which I never had growing up. Probably would splurge on the Constructicon set, even after getting the deluxe/modern one a couple years back.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
Shut up and take my money.

Definitely will be aiming to get Starscream and Hot Rod, ones which I never had growing up. Probably would splurge on the Constructicon set, even after getting the deluxe/modern one a couple years back.
I had Hot Rod and a pre-Transformers Star-Scream. The re-Issue of Star Scream comes with a Megatron in gun form. That is cool.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
This is just like the 20th anniversary re-issues that were in Toys R Us a while back. From that run I got Hot Rod, Jazz, Prowl, Sideswipe, and Soundwave along with Japanese re-issues of Megatron and a JP-only Targetmaster built off Jazz' mold.

Will strongly consider the Constructicons to play off the Titans Return set I have.

Starscream with the Megs gun is interesting, though in hindsight the Starscream figure was really crappy.

I question the inclusion of Outback and Tailgate except that they're also part of the current and next wave of Power of the Primes figures. They're super random characters without any really strong nostalgia value.

Also I read somewhere that we can apparently expect PoP Predaking to be available by September/October.

Baby Punisher

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I am not one for buying myself toys. However, when I do its usually a Transformer. I picked these Gen 1's up at a discount store. They were supposed to be a series of 6. They are pretty cool but, I hate how they shortend Optimusic Prime's smoke stacks and Megatron's cannon.

I would like to know how many kids actually poked themselves in the eye with them.
20180722_222558.jpg

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I don't mean to alarm anyone, but Amazon.ca appears to have the special edition Nemesis Prime figures back in stock.

So if you've ever wanted eeeeevil Optimus loaded out with guns and swords and a badass head sculpt, act now.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Happened across the first batch of g1 reissues at Walmart. Saw Hot Rod (I have an old TRU reissue already) and a constructicon gift set. The latter was $100 cdn, so nuts to that. I wasn't even going to pay that much for legit G1 originals on ebay. I like my combiner wars ones well enough anyeay

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Happened across the first batch of g1 reissues at Walmart. Saw Hot Rod (I have an old TRU reissue already) and a constructicon gift set. The latter was $100 cdn, so nuts to that. I wasn't even going to pay that much for legit G1 originals on ebay. I like my combiner wars ones well enough anyeay

I bought a couple Hot Rods at my local Wal-Mart and they were sold out in the area a couple days later. Similarly I saw that a Wal-Mart 25+ minutes away had Starscream in stock, but figured I could wait a couple days. But those are already gone.

Tonight's movie night! Looking forward to hearing the drum intro of Lion version of the theme song in surround sound.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I discovered today while raging at Amazon for how many of the PoP figures end up as 3rd party marketplace-sold items (with massive markups) on the Canadian side of the site that the trio of Special Edition figures they released to celebrate the Prime Wars trilogy that came with Prime Masters didn't complete the full batch of available Prime Masters. Blast-Off and Repugnus are packaged with special translucent versions of Megatronus and Solus Prime, both of whom are part of the wave 3 standard Prime Master figures (and in those versions they come in fun G1-inspired decoy armors molded on Bludgeon and Octopunch). So the only figure that comes with a Prime Master you're not normally getting elsewhere is Punch/Counterpunch with Prima. This means that Amalgamous Prime, Nexus Prime, and The Fallen were only available through the 2018 San Diego Comic-Con special release Optimus Primal repaint.

That's kind of a kick in the teeth to fans, creating this setup that seems to encourage collectability with the 13 Prime Masters, but oops, you can't have them all unless you were at Comic-Con or managed to get onto Hasbro's outlet store part of their website in the 20 minutes extras were available there.

Given the shenanigans with general figure availability and some of the "retailer specials" and the fact that their trading card pack-in setup has 13 variants of every card, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Oh well, it looks like Wave 4, which is just Novastar (which herself is just a repaint of Moonracer with a new head) is the end of the line for the series. They've already got info out for 2019's Seige of Cybertron line which looks like it might have some cool stuff in it (Micromasters! Starscream who transforms into the "pyramid jet" mode from the G1 cartoon pilot! Cog, aka the bot that was normally a pack-in with G1 Fortress Maximus! OMEGA FREAKING SUPREME!), but also has a lot of stuff I don't necessarily need more of, so it should be easier on my wallet :laugh:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Reading up on next year's toyline, War for Cybertron: Seige, it honestly feels a lot like what Power of the Primes should've been.

The gimmick this time around is that the mini bots turn into better, properly transformed weapons for the larger bots instead of the lackluster Decoy armor weapons that the Prime Masters had. A couple of mid-sized figures (Cog on the Autobot side, Skytread on the Decepticon) come apart to form a whole arsenal of weapons that are compatible with other figures too. Plus some of the bigger bots have like "power armor" super modes that let you turn extra vehicle components into all sorts of weaponry and whatnot to give them the choice of extra beefy decked out modes.

Also most of the characters appear to have been given alt modes that are more futuristic/Cybertronian in origin instead of Earth-based disguises.

Shockwave
WFCS-Leader-Shockwave.jpg

"Refraktor" (aka Reflector. Thanks trademark issues!)
800px-WFCS-Deluxe-Refraktor.jpg

If you buy three of them, they can combine into the camera mode. That's both lame that they're not a pack-together with differing body modes and cool that they still went to the trouble)

Pyramid-jet Starscream
800px-WFCS-Voyager-Starscream.jpg

Ultra Magnus
800px-War-for-Cybertron-Siege-Leader-Ultra-Magnus.jpg

Ironhide
800px-War-for-Cybertron-Siege-Deluxe-Ironhide.jpg

Megatron
800px-WFCS-Voyager-Megatron.jpg

Sadly there are no images of Omega Supreme yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad