4. Evgeni Malkin
5. Erik Karlsson
6. Nikita Kucherov
7. Victor Hedman
8. Drew Doughty
9. Nathan MacKinnon
10. Patrice Bergeron
11. Patrick Kane

Pick someone you'd like me to add to the poll as well when you vote (including goalies).
If people are interested I may go up to 50.

Adds:
1 Giordano
0 Tarasenko
0 Pastrnak
0 Provorov
0 Nylander
1 Getzlaf
0 Laine
1 Kessel
0 Klingberg
0 Marner
0 Pietrangelo
0 Draisaitl
0 Holtby
2 Barzal
0 Josi
0 Jones
0 Gibson
0 Lundqvist
0 Rinne
0 Crawford
0 Backstrom

Last edited:

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Kopitar add Barzal (who outproduced Panarin, Gaudreau, Eichel, Benn, Seguin, Matthews, Kuznetsov, Tavares, Barkov, and Scheifele while being younger than all of them except Matthews).

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Kopitar add Barzal (who outproduced Panarin, Gaudreau, Eichel, Benn, Seguin, Matthews, Kuznetsov, Tavares, Barkov, and Scheifele while being younger than all of them except Matthews).
he deserves to be there soon, but in no way does a great rookie season make him a top 20 player in this league.

Kopitar
add Kessel

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
And yet guys like Matthews and Eichel who have never done what he did in one season are in the poll (and getting votes in Matthews' case)

whos to say Barzal wont be a 60 pt scorer over the next 5 years? THe point is hes only proven himself over one season, while Eichel and Matthews have proven themselves over several.

Once upon a time: Tyler Myers, Skinner, Landeskog, Huberdeau, MacKinnon, Ekblad all had great rookie seasons (all Calder winners too!), and didnt look as good for several seasons afterwards.

And I love Barzal, I think he'll be a top 20 player soon, but not after 1 season.

Last edited:

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
whos to say Barzal wont be a 60 pt scorer over the next 5 years? THe point is hes only proven himself over one season, while Eichel and Matthews have proven themselves over several.

Once upon a time: Tyler Myers, Skinner, Landeskog, Huberdeau, MacKinnon, Ekblad all had great rookie seasons (all Calder winners too!), and didnt look as good for several seasons afterwards.

And I love Barzal, I think he'll be a top 20 player soon, but not after 1 season.

None of those guys had anywhere near the season Barzal did, I think the highest point total out of those guys was like 63 or something.

Reactions: LordNeverLose

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
Hall deserves to go ahead of Tavares to be honest. Winning the Hart Trophy is no joke. MacKinnon's already up there and Hall has been at least as good in the last two seasons combined.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Hall deserves to go ahead of Tavares to be honest. Winning the Hart Trophy is no joke. MacKinnon's already up there and Hall has been at least as good in the last two seasons combined.
The 5 seasons before last Tavares averaged more goals and points per game than Hall (than Mackinnon as well for the 4 previous seasons).

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
The 5 seasons before last Tavares averaged more goals and points per game than Hall (than Mackinnon as well for the 4 previous seasons).

How far back are we going?

Five seasons ago, McDavid wasn't even an NHL'er.

I really don't get why MacKinnon is on the board and it looks like Hall won't be all that soon.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Giroux. 4 PPG seasons in the last 7 years including a 100+ and a 90+ point season. Add in being a good two-way player and I don't know why he's not getting more votes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad