The Top 30 Players in the NHL (2018 Edition) - #1

Who is the best player in the NHL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Ovie easily. Cup and Smythe give him a year of grace period as the best player

A grace period implies you've been a the top for an extended period of time. Ovechkin hasn't been at the top in nigh a decade now.

This is McDavid nonetheless. The back-to-back Art Ross and likely back-to-back Lindsay is enough to dethrone Crosby at this point. Sid has to kick it up a notch in the regular season.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
McDavid is the best regular season player here, while Sid is the best all-around player and playoff performer. Given that there's not a whole lot separating them offensively, I'll take Crosby.

But McDavid will obviously win this one.

19 points isn't a small margin at all. It's the difference in point production between Crosby and Schenn this past season.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
A grace period implies you've been a the top for an extended period of time. Ovechkin hasn't been at the top in nigh a decade now.

This is McDavid nonetheless. The back-to-back Art Ross and likely back-to-back Lindsay is enough to dethrone Crosby at this point. Sid has to kick it up a notch in the regular season.
It's a response to Daver. Daver said Sid has a grace period as top player for his cup and smythe. That applies to Ovi too now.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
19 points isn't a small margin at all. It's the difference in point production between Crosby and Schenn this past season.
Sid had an off season. Last year, he went toe-to-toe with McDavid all year and would have challenged McDavid for the Art Ross had he not missed that time at the beginning of the season. This last playoffs, where he posted a ridiculous 21 points in 12 games, Crosby proved that he can turn it on when it really matters.

IMO, the difference between Crosby and McDavid is razor thin but I'd pick Sid due to his proven ability to carry a team to a Stanley Cup.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Sid had an off season. Last year, he went toe-to-toe with McDavid all year and would have challenged McDavid for the Art Ross had he not missed that time at the beginning of the season. This last playoffs, where he posted a ridiculous 21 points in 12 games, Crosby proved that he can turn it on when it really matters.

IMO, the difference between Crosby and McDavid is razor thin but I'd pick Sid due to his proven ability to carry a team to a Stanley Cup.
Crosby was amazing but I wouldn't make too much of it because Jake posted the same stats

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
Im not sure if your only suppost to put 1 recommandations per thread but i feel that Barkov, Wheeler, Subban and potentially Bobrovsky should all be added.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
Crosby was amazing but I wouldn't make too much of it because Jake posted the same stats

And.....what does this mean exactly? How does this diminish Crosby's production and confirm he should be still right there with, if not above, McDavid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad