OT: The Thread About Nothing Part CXCII: Neighborhood hhWatches and Tight Ends are Deadly

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
Seeing my child via ultrasound today was one of the coolest experiences ever...it's so awesome to see everything that's going on.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Oh and to keep things simple there are two streamers you really need in your box...a black Woolley bugger preferably with some Krystal Flash and a Muddler Minnow....I personally think a muddler is one of the best all time flies because of its versatility. An unweighted size #8 can pass for many things, a grasshopper, a stonefly or a bait fish...use floatant an it's a dry fly, a split shot and it's a bait fish...I never leave without a muddler. I just love that fly.

I usually fish what is classified as a panfish fly because the size of the rockbass and smallies aren't that big in the 2-3 foot depths typical around me. It's usually a variation my dad ties of this

mcgHykNQ42OVKPClyg-OlVQ.jpg

all black, all brown, black with yellow, black with green, black with red tail (personal fav) black and brown striped or brown with red striped.

I have a few wooley buggers - white, orange and black so I'll start trying those in stained waters and see if it pays off. I don't have anything with a head like that muddler fly though - most of mine are just straight brown feather flies for what I assume would be trout.

Yesterday I threw a mostly orange with brown striped version of this

YelllowAndGrizzlyWoollyWorm.jpg

thinking it would catch some attention but we didn't get a bite. Water was much swifter than normal, and I think they were holding up in the weeds until conditions improved.

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
If Wolverine stabs somebody with AIDS then retracts his claws...does he get AIDS?

Healing factor bro (ugh, I just said bro :laugh:). So maybe for a second until his body cures it. Damn, I knew my childhood of reading comics would come in handy one day.

I still don't get how online dating works.

Lie about your weight, age, likes, dislikes but most importantly, take the best selfies in the mirror of your bathroom at very weird angles, that are always oh so deceiving. Post on random dating sight. Success!!!! Till you realise the other person did the same thing :)

Seeing my child via ultrasound today was one of the coolest experiences ever...it's so awesome to see everything that's going on.

I must've missed the announcement :laugh: I don't venture into the TAN too often.

Congratulations CJ!!!!! What am I, 4 or 5 months behind?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I usually fish what is classified as a panfish fly because the size of the rockbass and smallies aren't that big in the 2-3 foot depths typical around me. It's usually a variation my dad ties of this

mcgHykNQ42OVKPClyg-OlVQ.jpg

all black, all brown, black with yellow, black with green, black with red tail (personal fav) black and brown striped or brown with red striped.

I have a few wooley buggers - white, orange and black so I'll start trying those in stained waters and see if it pays off. I don't have anything with a head like that muddler fly though - most of mine are just straight brown feather flies for what I assume would be trout.

Yesterday I threw a mostly orange with brown striped version of this

YelllowAndGrizzlyWoollyWorm.jpg

thinking it would catch some attention but we didn't get a bite. Water was much swifter than normal, and I think they were holding up in the weeds until conditions improved.

Those patterns are awesome...They are very old school, tied and fished with before I was born...

Beadhead nymphs are another way to go in those high stained water conditions...I fish for smallies with nymphs and streams almost exclusively.

small weighted nymphs are killer on panfish and trout too. I tie 100's of them a year and I have one box filled with patterns like these. These patterns are my own.

IMG_20130623_083058_673_zpsba14acf3.jpg

IMG_20130728_141534_730_zps5b76744c.jpg

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

It's a baby! You'll find out soon...

this! it is a devils fan or a rangers fan??

Hahaha...this is a tough question!*

I must've missed the announcement :laugh: I don't venture into the TAN too often.

Congratulations CJ!!!!! What am I, 4 or 5 months behind?

Hahaha...thanks! I'm a little over half way...due date is December 8th.

*Rangers/Devils play on December 7th - Tony and I have a feeling I'll go into labor that day and there's a possibility of a bet...winning team gets the child!

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
Hahaha...thanks! I'm a little over half way...due date is December 8th.

*Rangers/Devils play on December 7th - Tony and I have a feeling I'll go into labor that day and there's a possibility of a bet...winning team gets the child!

Considering all things, I say you get Devils rights to the baby. I mean, you are doing all the work.

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010

It'll be different this season now that Krinkle, 95, and now you guys are all going to be babied up and might be taking it "easier" at Hells outings and the likes :laugh: all good stuff though, very happy for you guys

But yea my older cousin had a kid a year or two ago and it was pretty cool seeing the pictures inside the stomach develop over time

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
It'll be different this season now that Krinkle, 95, and now you guys are all going to be babied up and might be taking it "easier" at Hells outings and the likes :laugh: all good stuff though, very happy for you guys

But yea my older cousin had a kid a year or two ago and it was pretty cool seeing the pictures inside the stomach develop over time

Yeah..it's definitely going to be tough. At least Krinkle's walks and semi-talks!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought he doesn't drink anymore?:laugh:

Really is a small world though to see Dano when you go on vacation to Aruba haha.

Jersey Man

Mad Dog
Oct 20, 2008
New York, NY
I thought he doesn't drink anymore?:laugh:

Really is a small world though to see Dano when you go on vacation to Aruba haha.

I heard that too but not sure after watching some of his post game commentary :laugh:

Also, some entertainment for tonight. Watch the whole thing. You won't be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad