OT: The Thread About NaDa Thing 198 The Summer Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I might sound like an ass to some people, I don't care though.

This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. I'm sure almost every guy has experienced this, probably multiple times for some of us.

I absolutely hate it when I go to a store and I go out of my way to get on the check out aisle of a really pretty girl. Like if I see that the other line is dying down before the one I want is finished checking out the person in front of me, I've been known to jump out of line for a second and pretend I forgot something I needed and then jump back in. That's what I did tonight at Target. Then the woman in front of me is using a credit card or possibly a debit card, and she's taking frickin forever to sign the electronic signature thing or whatever. And I always find when somebody uses plastic to pay for things, it sometimes leads to the machine not working or the card getting denied, which is another pet peeve of mine if I'm in a rush. I never have problems when I use my card somewhere.

Tonight I wasn't in a rush, I just wanted to rung up by the attractive 20 something year old red head. Since the woman with the card was taking her sweet ass time (not that I seriously blame her because I don't expect her to know that I'm purposely trying to get checked out by the attractive checkout girl), I got the old famous ''I can help you over here!'' line from the woman on the next aisle. Usuaully I'll insist to the person behind me in line to go over and get on the other line, there was no one behind me tonight though. Now this other woman that called me over was very sweet and nice, she's just a little older than what I'm attracted to and is probably married and has lots of kids. I'd rather get the 20 something than the 40 something, unless the 40 something happens to be much more attractive. And I felt bad because I probably had this frustrated and annoyed look and body language when she called me over. It's not her fault either, it's no one's fault. Just absolutely crappy luck for me.

I'll tell you this happened about FIVE times when I was trying to go on the line of an attractive girl that I dated a little while back. I got the old ''I can help you over here'' line about 5 times before I could get rang up by a girl that I eventually dated, back when I went into her store and was trying to talk to her. And there was no one behind me that I could offer the chance to get on that line instead during any of those occasions. Then after a couple weeks I finally got lucky and was able to get her and eventually talk to her.

Now I wasn't gonna necessarily ask this girl out tonight, I'm just a man and I like getting on the lines of the most attractive girl. I think most single men would do the same, they're probably lying if they say they don't. And even if it comes down to an older unattractive woman or a man's line, I'll almost always go to the unattractive female's line over a male's checkout aisle, just because I'd rather talk to a woman. I talk to plenty of men all day, I'd rather talk to a woman. I'm not apologizing for that either.

Yeah so rant over. Better luck to me next time!:laugh:

YouMyBoyBlue

Jul 19, 2013
Don't know where to put this. I'm looking to implement lottery system for the 1st overall pick in my fantasy football league. Is there a software/simulator/generator that I can use to what nhl did?

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Don't know where to put this. I'm looking to implement lottery system for the 1st overall pick in my fantasy football league. Is there a software/simulator/generator that I can use to what nhl did?

Oh, you simply need a random number generator. https://www.random.org

Let's say you have a 12 person league, just set the max at 12. Assign each person a number, and whomever' number is drawn, they win.

You don't need what the NHL had since it was weighted (and I assume from your description everyone has an equal chance at first overall)

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I might sound like an ass to some people, I don't care though.

This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. I'm sure almost every guy has experienced this, probably multiple times for some of us.

I absolutely hate it when I go to a store and I go out of my way to get on the check out aisle of a really pretty girl. Like if I see that the other line is dying down before the one I want is finished checking out the person in front of me, I've been known to jump out of line for a second and pretend I forgot something I needed and then jump back in. That's what I did tonight at Target. Then the woman in front of me is using a credit card or possibly a debit card, and she's taking frickin forever to sign the electronic signature thing or whatever. And I always find when somebody uses plastic to pay for things, it sometimes leads to the machine not working or the card getting denied, which is another pet peeve of mine if I'm in a rush. I never have problems when I use my card somewhere.

Tonight I wasn't in a rush, I just wanted to rung up by the attractive 20 something year old red head. Since the woman with the card was taking her sweet ass time (not that I seriously blame her because I don't expect her to know that I'm purposely trying to get checked out by the attractive checkout girl), I got the old famous ''I can help you over here!'' line from the woman on the next aisle. Usuaully I'll insist to the person behind me in line to go over and get on the other line, there was no one behind me tonight though. Now this other woman that called me over was very sweet and nice, she's just a little older than what I'm attracted to and is probably married and has lots of kids. I'd rather get the 20 something than the 40 something, unless the 40 something happens to be much more attractive. And I felt bad because I probably had this frustrated and annoyed look and body language when she called me over. It's not her fault either, it's no one's fault. Just absolutely crappy luck for me.

I'll tell you this happened about FIVE times when I was trying to go on the line of an attractive girl that I dated a little while back. I got the old ''I can help you over here'' line about 5 times before I could get rang up by a girl that I eventually dated, back when I went into her store and was trying to talk to her. And there was no one behind me that I could offer the chance to get on that line instead during any of those occasions. Then after a couple weeks I finally got lucky and was able to get her and eventually talk to her.

Now I wasn't gonna necessarily ask this girl out tonight, I'm just a man and I like getting on the lines of the most attractive girl. I think most single men would do the same, they're probably lying if they say they don't. And even if it comes down to an older unattractive woman or a man's line, I'll almost always go to the unattractive female's line over a male's checkout aisle, just because I'd rather talk to a woman. I talk to plenty of men all day, I'd rather talk to a woman. I'm not apologizing for that either.

Yeah so rant over. Better luck to me next time!:laugh:

Maybe go when her shift is almost over then wait it out?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Maybe go when her shift is almost over then wait it out?

Haha I'm not even sure when her shift ends. Monday was the first time I've ever seen her in there.:laugh:

It was about 9:20-9:30 and Target closes at 10:00, so it's safe to say she was probably leaving within the hour.

Hot Water Bottle

Aug 26, 2010
Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but I like the Devils too and you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I'd post this here.

My cousin visited England last month. During this trip she went to Stonehenge. She happened to be wearing her Devils jersey at the time (a Cam Janssen jersey, in case it's important)

When she walked across the field toward Stonehenge, the sunlight bounced around the stones in a gridlike pattern and then suddenly focused into a beam which struck her shirt directly on the NJ Devils logo, knocking her unconscious. She awoke in the hospital but since then she has been in a constant state of chills and panic attacks, and at least once a day going into a trance while speaking an ancient Druid language in an unnatural voice.

The only thing that gives her peace is to watch videos of Devils games, which temporarily overpowers and subdues the evil forces. Luckily she has been playing them 24/7 on NHL GameCenter so that she can lead a semi-normal life.

Does anyone know a magic spell or ritual to expel the evil forces from her body for good? Maybe grind up some herbs and recite a chant or something? I bought a Cam Janssen hockey card on EBay in case it would help with the ritual.

Thank you so much!

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown
Hi there, I'm actually an Islanders fan but I like the Devils too and you guys seem like the best people to ask in this situation so I thought I'd post this here.

My cousin visited England last month. During this trip she went to Stonehenge. She happened to be wearing her Devils jersey at the time (a Cam Janssen jersey, in case it's important)

When she walked across the field toward Stonehenge, the sunlight bounced around the stones in a gridlike pattern and then suddenly focused into a beam which struck her shirt directly on the NJ Devils logo, knocking her unconscious. She awoke in the hospital but since then she has been in a constant state of chills and panic attacks, and at least once a day going into a trance while speaking an ancient Druid language in an unnatural voice.

The only thing that gives her peace is to watch videos of Devils games, which temporarily overpowers and subdues the evil forces. Luckily she has been playing them 24/7 on NHL GameCenter so that she can lead a semi-normal life.

Does anyone know a magic spell or ritual to expel the evil forces from her body for good? Maybe grind up some herbs and recite a chant or something? I bought a Cam Janssen hockey card on EBay in case it would help with the ritual.

Thank you so much!

Try deleting system 32 on your computer

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Did anyone go see Deftones/Incubus in Jersey last week? I'm in Atlanta right now (3 comments from NJ natives on my Jagr jersey-shirt so far) and I would love to know when Incubus came on because I can't stand Deftones....

Colin226

NJ Devils STH
Jan 14, 2011
Central NJ
Sorry, 4 Devils fans!! Some chick from Bloomfield NJ just offered me better tickets based solely on my Jagr Devils shirt hahahaha!!

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Did anyone go see Deftones/Incubus in Jersey last week? I'm in Atlanta right now (3 comments from NJ natives on my Jagr jersey-shirt so far) and I would love to know when Incubus came on because I can't stand Deftones....

Saw them in Chicago 2 weeks ago, both bands play a full 15-17 song set

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Just had my first surgery ever. Gallbladder removed. Procedure started at 8am and I'm home now. Little sore but overall I feel good

What symptoms were you experiencing beforehand? I feel like I may have issues with my gall bladder. Did you have issues with bile and feeling sluggish after digesting fatty foods?

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
What symptoms were you experiencing beforehand? I feel like I may have issues with my gall bladder. Did you have issues with bile and feeling sluggish after digesting fatty foods?

Symptoms started about a year and a half ago, I was getting what I thought was indigestion. On July 4th of this year I had a really bad attack, again felt like indigestion but was paired with really bad lower back pain, went to the ER they did a ultra sound and found the stones.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
As many here know, Dogfish Head is my favorite craft brewer. So on the way back from vacation I stopped at their brewpub in DE where everything's on tap and they experiment with some stuff.

Now DH is renowned for brewing some strange things and taking some risks, but they have this limited release now called Choc Lobster, which is a beer brewed with chocolate, basil, and......wait for it..... live lobsters.

I didn't like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad